There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A particle of mass 'm' moves along a circle of radius R with a normal acceleration varying with time as a=b*t^2 where b is a constant.The time dependence of the power developed by all the forces acting on the particle is:a) 2mRbt b)mRbt c)4mRbt d)3mRat 

7 years ago

Answers : (3)

normal accln: an = v2/R = bt2

so v2 = bt2R

Kinetic Energy(E) = 1/2 mv2 = 1/2*mbt2R

power P =dE/dt = d(1/2*mbt2R) / dt

P =mbt2R

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and

we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. All the best.

Naga Ramesh

IIT Kgp - 2005 batch

7 years ago

I would like to make some corrections to the reply posted by Mr Ramesh. I think after differentiation of "E" we would be getting P = mRbt which is the answer i. e. the answer is the option (b).

7 years ago

The differentiation needs to be corrected and accordingly the answer is (b)

IIT Delhi

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Atennis ball bounces down a flght of stairs striking each step in turn and rebounding to the height of the step above. Then coefficient of restitution is?
This can be visualised as: h is directly proprtional to v^2 and height get doubled after one step then, for height h initial vel. is v^2 after height 2h the vel. becomes 4v^2 e =...
2017 years ago
Hi Sankalp, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
4 days ago
Is it possible for a particle to describe a curved path if no force acts on it? Does your answer depend on the frame of reference chosen to view the particle ?
Actually particle CAN move without applying force depending on your frame of reference. Though we still use “pseudo-force” or ficticious forces to balance out the motion. Accelerated frames ...
Manas Shukla 8 days ago
NO particle can follow a curved path if there is no external force . this is a newton law -particle move in a straight line untill an extenal force act on it . so for a curved path external ...
prateek 9 days ago
A ball is dropped from top of the building.The ball takes 0.5s to fall past 3m of a window some distance fro the top of the building. If the speedof the ball at top and bottom of the vindow ...
Let initial velocity at top of window be 'u' and velocity at bottom be ' v' Use S = ut + 1/2at2 where u is initial velocity a =g(10) t =0.5 S =3 ,. We get value of u as 3.5m/S. Now use v =...
Aman 2 months ago
V 2 -U 2 =2g(3) also, V=U+g(0.5) i.e V-U=0.5g (V+U)(V-U)=6g (V+U)(0.5g)=6g V+U=12,U-V=-4.9, Q. Must be modified as, A ball is dropped from top of the building.The ball takes 0.5s to fall...
Pranav Dabhade 2 months ago
Tell some ideas to live in space?How we can create artificial gravity in space?
It has been proven that it could be created while revolvving and spinning the whole space station or the spacecraft after which the centrifugal force acts to pull the existers outside from...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
RE-AIPMT 2015 Q26. Please give a detailed solution. The question is attached
speed of gas = (CP/CV RT/M) ^1/2. CP: Specific heat at constant pressure. CV: specific heat at constant volume. R: 8.3(given) T: 293(AT NTP) M: molar mass; 4g since it is occupying 22.4L....
avanti singh 3 months ago
This equation is derived by using friction force and normal if cos of angle of banking will be greater than sin of angle of bankig this formula will give imaginary speed what do this...
The Normal force derived with friction in banking terms is: N = mg/(costhetha – usinthetha) with thetha be wedge inclination angle. and the conditon should satisfy as: Fnet = Fcentriputal...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts