Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Sir, please explain it.

A horizontal platform is rotating with uniform angular velocity around the vertical axis passing through its centre. At some instant of time a viscous fluid of mass 'm' is dropped at the centre and is allowed to spread out and finally fall. The angular velocity during this period:

A. decreases continuously

B. decreases initially and increases again

C. remains unaltered

D. increases continuously

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

As there is no external torque present here,the angular momentum is conserved.

or,     Angular momentum=(moment of inertia)*(angular velocity)=constant

So,as liquid got spread out mass getting farther from center increases the overall moment of inertia.Hence the decrease inangular velocity first ,but then liquid falling through perimeter of disk again decreases the moment of inertia until it become same as before asbefore pouring of liquid.Thus the angular velocity increases for that time to be the previous value.

Therefore the decrease initially & then increase again in the value of angular velocity.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a rectangular plate abcd of mass m and dimensions a x b is supported in a vertical plane by two hinges at aa and b as shown in fig. find instantaneous reaction of the hinge at a immediately ...
plz send the image . then i will better understand & then i will try to help u. i am waiting for figure given in the question. if u dont know how to attach or send figure then ask me.
prateek 4 days ago
With what angular velocity earth should rotate so that a body lying at 30 degree latitude becomes weightless(in terms of g and R)?? Pls provide with proper explanation and also step by step...
As per my knowledge there is no need of taking 30 degree but if it earth should rotate 17 times faster then that of all other planets then body lying on equator become weightless ....that`s...
2017 years ago
The figure shows the position and velocities of two particles. If the particles move under the mutual attraction of each other,then the position of center of mass at t=1sec
Dear user, I see no attachment here. plz upload it and re-post it for better explanation and answer. Thankyou!
Vikas TU 4 days ago
Can carbon produce photoelectric effect? when use the laser wave 470nm. voltage between anode and cathnode is limited in the range -1 V to 1 V. Thanks~ Could you send the answer to Email:...
Only metals whih has valency of +1 and +2 are suitable for Photoelectric process. As they are in a rapid condition to take electrons to complete its octet. Thus are more eager to show...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Please see the attachment for my question
yes answer should be ( c ). for solving these typ of questions, firstly you should draw a line parallel to y-axis. let that drawn line intersect line P 1 at point A and P 2 at point B. Now...
arun 7 months ago
Dear Sumukath M lohit, The answer in above image is B.P 1 2 .Because pressure is inversely proportional to the volume.And P 1 is very rapidly decreases then P 2 it shows P 1 is very low...
SAI SARDAR 7 months ago
No the answer key says (c) . even I had got the answer as (b) but I went wrong.
Sumukh M Lohit 7 months ago
how do i solve this question
Try to convert the entire network into simpler across branch AB. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts