There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Q1  A BALLOON IS ASCENDING VERTIcally WITH AN ACCELERATION OF .2m\sec2.two stones are dropped from it at an interval of 2seconds.find the distance between them 1.5 seconds after second stone is released.

Q2 the velocity displacement graph of a particle moving along a straight line having negative slope which intersects the y axis(vo ,vo>0) & which intersects the displacements (xo,xo>0) the the most suitable acceleration displacement graph will be what ?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans1: Fix the datum at The initial position off the balloon and assume its velocity to be zero at that time. Therefore the first stone dropped wud move for 3.5 seconds (2 second interval + 1.5 second fall for second stone) downward with acceleration g. Therefore its displacement from the datum is

s1 = 1/2 x g x (3.5)2 .

Now, considering the second stone:

It has been dropped wen balloon is at a ht of 2a from its initial position. a= acceleration of balloon. ht = (1/2 xa x 22) = 2a .

velocity of balloon at this ht = v = ut + 1/2 a t2 . t=2 sec, u=0 . therefore v= 2a in upward direction. therefore initial velocity of second stone dropped is 2a in upward direction.  hence calculate the distance travelled by second stone in 1.5 sec by

s2= 2a(1.5) + 1/2x gx (1.5)2 .

NOW ANALYSE, whether it is above the datum or below it, then add or substract to get the distance between the two stones.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a car of mas 1000kg moving with a speed 18km/h on a smooth road and colliding with a horizontally mounted spring of spring constant 6.25x10 cube. wht is thw max compression of the spring?
Just equate the energy. 18 km/hr = 5 m/s Energy of car = = 25000/2 Energy of spring = Equating we get = 2 m
Manas Shukla 6 days ago
In projectile , a particle is projected such that magnitude of velocity at the topmost point is half of the magnitude of initial velocity. What is the angle of projection.
Firstly, a projectile motion is a combination of horizontal and vertical motion. At the topmost point of it's trajectory, the particle possess only the horizontal component of it's initial...
Manav 18 days ago
A recording disc rotates steadily at 45 revolutions/min on a table. When a small mass 0.02 kg is dropped gently on the disc at a distance of 0.04 m from its axis and stucks to the disc, the...
From angular momentum conservation, I1 w1 = I2 w2 we get, (I)*45 = [(I) + 0.02*0.04*0.04]*36 Solving for I we get, 45I – 36I = 1.152 x 10^-3 I = 1.28 x 10^-3where I is the moment of inertia ...
2017 years ago
Hi Gaurang, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
3 hours ago
Give solution to attached problem..thank you. also explain how you did.
@ sunkari the answer will be the same 2.0 m here also . beacuse when u will look straight into the pool the reflection doesnot occur , beacuse it is 90 degree . so, the answer will be 2.0 m ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
The permiability constant is also known as the magnetic constant or the permeability of free space .it is represented a s μ 0 .its value is µ 0 = 4π × 10 − 7 H/m
naresh raju 10 months ago
Hello Sai The permeability constant (μ 0 ), also known as the magnetic constant or the permeability of free space, is a measure of the amount of resistance encountered when forming a...
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
dear friend.....AND it is also known as a permiability of free spaces.. 4π × 10 − 7 H/m µ 0 = “ and that value is the “µ 0 permiability constant is represented as the The permiability...
raj 9 months ago
what is field?
But in general , Field in basically a region in which a particluar influence acts, Could be electric, magnetic, gravitational. A particular object produces it’s field and when other objects ...
Neeti one year ago
Could you be a little more specific? Which field are you referring to? Electric? magnetic?
Neeti one year ago
what is the scope of GATE exam?
Gowher Maqbool one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off