There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 2,800 off

what is angular displacement? pls explain with example..

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Aditya

The difference between the initial and final angular position of a moving body. It is measured in radians. Angular displacement has both magnitude and direction. Conventionally, clockwise movements are described as positive (+) and anticlockwise movements as negative (−). Also, angular displacements of human body segments usually indicate the type of joint movement (e.g. flexion or extension).

Angular displacement

Angular displacement is measured in radians rather than degrees. This is because it provides a very simple relationship between distance traveled around the circle and the distance r from the centre.

\theta=\frac sr

For example if an object rotates 360 degrees around a circle radius r the angular displacement is given by the distance traveled the circumference which is 2πr Divided by the radius in: \theta= \frac{2\pi r}r which easily simplifies to θ = 2π. Therefore 1 revolution is radians.

All the best.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

why& when do we use vector form?? what is meant by retardition??
@ RAM if the velocity of the object decrease in the same direction , the object has a retradation . it also called as negative acceleration and retradation . or u can simply tell it is -ve...
Umakant biswal one month ago
We use vector forms when cases are direction dependent.Means direction is important while considering the quantities. e.g ; velocity,acceleration etc. Retardation,again,means acceleration...
Divyanshu Rathore one month ago
a body is projected vertically up with a velocity 60m/s, the % of its initial ke converted into pe after 3 seconds?
at 3 seconds , h = 60*3 – 0.5g*9 = > 135 meter. P.E. = mgh = >1350m K.E = 0.5m*3600 = > 1800m % = 1350m/1800m * 100 => 75%
Vikas TU 14 hours ago
a rectangular plate abcd of mass m and dimensions a x b is supported in a vertical plane by two hinges at aa and b as shown in fig. find instantaneous reaction of the hinge at a immediately ...
plz send the image . then i will better understand & then i will try to help u. i am waiting for figure given in the question. if u dont know how to attach or send figure then ask me.
prateek 20 hours ago
WHAT IS LAW OF CONSERVATION OF ENERGY...........................?
According to me simple energy law is energy given is equal to energy utilized. You can use this statement as a conclusion.the original law is stated in above answer
vishal one month ago
DEAR HAYATHI, Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. One form of energy can be converted into another form.
SAI SARDAR one month ago
A circular coil of radius R having n turns carried a current of I ampere .it is kept with its plane perpendicular to a uniform magnetic field B tesla,then torque acting on coil is ____
Since the area vector and magnetic field are in same direction. Thus the total torque on the coil is 0.
sneha prasad 3 days ago
two wires of equal length but different cross sectional area A 1 and A 2 and specific resistance ρ 1 and ρ 2 are joined in parallel .the equivalent specific resistance is given as___(ans:ρ...
We have length of resistances R1 and R2 = l. Area of cross section A1 and A2 resp of R1 and R2 Specific resistances ρ1 and ρ2 resp of R1 and R2 We have R eq = (R1.R2)/(R1+R2) Where R1=...
Keshav Yadav 8 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 2,600 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 2,800 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts