There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Why is sometimes component of some forces added in the same direction and some are equated to each other??? Can't understand the concept...please help!!

5 years ago

Answers : (3)

Dear Anurag

We have to always form a equation i.e. F=ma    If in case a=0 then forces are equated to get unknown forces and if two forces are in same direction then we need to add. If forces are in opposite direction then also we have to which looks like they are equated. e.g. If F1 and F2 are acting in opposite direction and acceleration is zero then F1+(-F2)=0 hence F1=F2.

All the best.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

5 years ago

by vector law of addition net force = (F12+ F22+2F1F2COS@)1/2

when forces are in same direction along the same line then @ becomes 0 & net resultant R

R =F1+F2 ........1

when they act in opposite direction then @ becomes 180 & net resultant R

R =F1-F2 ......2

in this case if magnitude of both forces is same then resultant becomes zero...

eg)force is applied on a block but it dosent move due to friction ,here friction force & applied forces are in opposite direction & equal in magnitude....

5 years ago

Thank you vikas sir and akash sir....both of you helped me a lot in the concept, hope, to have such help throughout my preparation.

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Please solve the attached questions with steps. Thanks in advance. Can you please guide me how to solve projectile motion problems and circular motion problem accurately
First of all the answer to the above question is option d and not option c as stated by komali. -.-‘ Now, For projectile motion problems Always resolve motion in two directions , x and y...
Manas Shukla 6 days ago
the answer is 50m/s and it is surely correct no need to worry about it and proceed please and steps are as follows
komali 7 days ago
A uniform disc of radius R is taken and out of it a disc of diameter R/2 is cut off from end. The center of mass of remaining part will be?
Let M be the mass of the full disc , M’ be the mass of the partial disc and m be the mass of the smaller removed disc. If p is the density of the disc materials Then Now Lets assume the...
Manas Shukla 7 days ago
A spring of force constant k is cut into 2 pieces such that one piece is double the length of the other. Then the longer piece will have force constant1)2/3k 2)3/2k 3)3k 4)6k
I think the answer is 2/3 k according to Young’s Modulous. If correct please approve my answer otherwise let me know.
Mudit 6 days ago
does an ideal inductor absorbs or delivers reactive power
@ kalyan an ideal inductor will deliver the reactive power , the capacitor will store the power and the inductor will deliver the power to the system . HOPE IT CLEARS ALL THE BEST ..
Umakant biswal 6 days ago
a wheel of perimeter 4 Pi m is rolling on a horizontal surface. The displacement of the point of contact of wheel and ground when the wheel completes one quarter of revolution is
See , the perimeter of wheel is 4 pi meter. So, each rotaion the wheel makes, it goes a distance 4 pi meter. So, the quarter of a revolution makes the displacement = (4 pi / 4) meter = pi...
KAPIL MANDAL 2 months ago
calculate the frequency of the fundamental note produced by a string 1 m long and weighing 2 g kept stretched by a load 400 kg
the fundamental frequency is =[(200000)^1/2]/2 =223.6 hz I think iam correct. if u have any further doubts please post them. thank u.
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
direct substitution answer.. :) f=?, l=1m, T(tension)=400N, m(=mass/length)=2*10 -3 ...substitute..u get the answer.. :)
Elton one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts