There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Three blocks of masses 1kg,4kg,2kg are placed on a frictionless horizontal plane surface.two forces 120N and 50N are acting on the surface.120 N acts on the 1kg mass particle and 50 N acts in the opposite direction on 2kg masses.Find accelaration of the system.

5 years ago

Answers : (4)

net force on the system=120-50=70N

(total mass)(accleration)=70

a=10m/s2 ans

5 years ago

5 years ago

Dear student,

In such type of questions first of all find the net force on the system.

Here in the question,

Net force on the system=120-50=70N

(total mass)(accleration)=70

Hence acceleration of the system = 10 m/s2

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Atennis ball bounces down a flght of stairs striking each step in turn and rebounding to the height of the step above. Then coefficient of restitution is?
This can be visualised as: h is directly proprtional to v^2 and height get doubled after one step then, for height h initial vel. is v^2 after height 2h the vel. becomes 4v^2 e =...
2017 years ago
Hi Sankalp, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
sir what is the simplest way to solve laws of motion
@ akshay there are many problemswhich are associated with laws of motion chapter . like pulley poroblem , relative velocity proble , etc … so, which problem u want to explain me as a...
Umakant biswal one month ago
SSorry, but your question is something bewildered. Did U mean by laws of eqn.? if that is then u must knoq that the three newton's laws of eqns. are used to solve the problems related to...
Vikas TU one month ago
one kg of air is compressed poly tropically(n=1.3)from 1 bar and 27 deg celsius to 3 bar.find work transfer,heat transfer and change in internal energy.
Work Done in Polytropic process = > xRT/(1 – n) = > (1000/32) * 0.0821 * 300/(1 – 1.3) = > -2565.625 Joule. From Q = U + W U = mC(T2 – T1) as Temp. is constant. U = 0. Hence Q = W = –...
2017 years ago
dear narayana iit students or any one can you say which book is the best for iit preparation 1: narayana material 2:cengage series
@ sriniketh For my prep i have used cengage publication material . they are far better good than narayana . and also , narayana book is not that much good in chemistry theory , they have...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Dear Sriniketh, For IIT preparation Askiitians provides U the best coaching material. U can buy/try online. askIITians helps more than 40,000 students every year with its world class Self...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
does electric force act on a moving charge
Yes electric force acts on both moving charges and charges on rest.
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
KARTHIK one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off