There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off

Q. a particle of mass m is made to move with uniform speed v along the perimeter of a regular hexagon.What is the magnitude of the impulse applied at each corner of the hexagon  ?

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

consider a hexagon placed in X-Y plane whose bottom side is on x axis...

first u draw this figure ...

let its two vertex which are on x axis are A,B &  particle is moving from A to B along +ve x axis...

initial velocity of particle is U =vi

at point B its velocity changes in direction...its velocity makes an angel of 60 degree with x axis ..

final velocity is Vf= vcos60i + vsin60j=(i + sqrt3.j)v/2

change in velocity is = final velocity - initial velocity

=(v/2-v)i + sqrt3.vj/2

=-vi/2 + sqrt3.vj/2

impulse = mdv=mv/2 (-i + sqrt3j)

I=  mv in magnitude

6 years ago

Dear Raj

see the pic for solution

All the best.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

In the figure (check attachement) the reading of the spring balance will be (take g=10m/s2): A) 60 kg f. B)5 kg f. C) 60 N. D) 60 kg f.
May I know what is the correct answer to this question. So as to help myself in studies.Hope You reply as soon as possible.
Mudit 3 months ago
Weight isin downward direction(mg).It can be resolved into two components mgcos30 and mg sin30. mgsin30 is down the inclined plane.The reading of spring balance =mgsin30 =10*0.5*g = 5kg f...
Mudit 3 months ago
Are angular velocity, angular displacement and angular accleration vector?? if yes then what is its direction?? If the answer is explained then it will be approved
Except angular displacement all are vectors. As the angular displacement failed to obey the rules and laws of vector addition.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
if angular velocity and accleration are ectors then what is their direction
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
Angular velocity and angular acceleration are vectors . Direction is same as tangential velocity or acceleration , v tangential = r d(angular displacement) / d(time) which is a simple...
Manas Shukla one month ago
A body starting from rest moves with constant accleration. The ratio of distance covered by the body during the 5th second to that covered in 5 second is
Distance covered in n th second is given by s n = u + a/2(2n-1) where u – intial velocity and a – acceleration Distance covered in t seconds is given by s = ut + a/2(t 2 ) But, here u = 0...
Adarsh 3 months ago
HERE ‘U’=0, HENCE THE DISTANCE COVERED UPTO 5 th second is=1/2at^2=(25a)/2. and theTHE DISTANCE COVERED UPTO 4th second is=1/2a(4 2 )=8a. and ths distance travelled in 5 th...
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
can this formula be applid for a battery + resistance’
@ mayank which formula u are talking about ?? there is no attachment on the question , kindly recheck the ques and do get back to us again . and the other time make sure u have attached the ...
Umakant biswal 27 days ago
Defination of Ampere’s law???????????????????????????????????????????????????????////
amperes law states that for any closed loop path, the sum of the length elements times the magnetic field in the direction of the length element is equal to the permeability times the...
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
Hello prabhakar, Ampere’s law means The magnetic field in space around an electric current is proportional to the electric current which serves as its source, just as the electric field in...
Gowri sankar 9 months ago
Hello Prabhakar Ampere's Law . The magnetic field in space around an electric current is proportional to the electric current which serves as its source, just as the electric field in space ...
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
If T 1 is the time of up the ball to maximum height and T 2 is the of down the ball from maximum height to ground. Then which is one greater If “Air Drag” is also considered or both (T 1...
Dear Vikas, U should also consider ‘Air Drag’. the way us solve the solution is seems like the general sase of free falling. and in free falling case both T 1 and T 2 Are same. And there is ...
Kuldeep Pal one month ago
for upward, h = uT1 – 0.5gT1^2................(1) for downward, h = 0 + 0.5gT2^2..........(2) comparing both the eqns. it seems, h is more for 2 nd eqn. therfore T2 would be more. for...
Vikas TU one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts