There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off

can u plz explain perpendicular axis theorem..........

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Pooja

The perpendicular axis theorem states that if body lies in XY plane then
                                                      IZ = IX + IY

• IX be the moment of inertia of the body about the X axis;

• IY be the moment of inertia of the body about the Y axis; and

• IZ be the moment of inertia of the body about the Z axis

The 3 axis X, Y and Z are mutually perpendicular to each other

All the best.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a ball is projected with a velocity of 40√2 m/s at an angle of 45 find the position and velocity of the ball after 2 sec
please explain further in an easier way
the 3 months ago
velocity in both x and y directions=40 m/s. For X coordinate, X=40t i.e X=40x2=80m For Y coordinate, Y=Uyt+1/2gt^2 i.e. Y=40x2-1/2x10x4=60m Position of ball after 2 sec= (80,60) Velocity in ...
Prabhjot Singh 3 months ago
a bullet of mass 100 gram moving with 20 m/s strikes a wooden plank and penetrates upto 20 cm calculate the resistance offered by the wooden plank
Resistance offered- F=ma ,where m=100g=0.1kg accl n is to be determined. v 2 =u 2 +as as bullet is stopped after 20 cm in plank v=0 ,u=20m/s ,s=20cm=0.2m On substituting 0 2 =20 2 +2a*0.2...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
I made a mistake v 2 =u 2 +2as though i wonder how did i manage to substitute properly Anyhow apologies for the mistake
Paras Verma 3 months ago
A dog of mass 5kg is resting on a flat boat of mass 20kg . Such that it is 10m from the shore .Boat is resting on frictionless water . The dog walks 4m through the boat towards the shore...
The centre of mass for the system wont change. So 0 = mass of dog x distance moved by dog + mass of boat x distance moved by boat So we find Distance moved by the boat = -1 Thus it will be...
Manas Shukla 9 days ago
What does negative sign in magnifying power of telescope denotes
@ altaf , the negative signs means the image will be inverted , as in magnification we are taking the raio of the height / distance of image / object ,, so, if in the case of telescope ,...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Hello. I am Aaryan in 8 th grade. In the last few days have buisied myself in making anautomated level crossing gate(junctions between roadways and railways). I have made a simple model...
U can put laser sensors at a certain height to detect the train by motion and these laser sensors can be made to activate magnetic field which in turn will activate reed switches for LED...
Manas Shukla 22 days ago
Can electromagnetic waves deaviate by electric and magnetic field
electromagnetic waves such as light are massless, chargeless and therefore are unaffected by electric and magnetic filed
Ashutosh Mohan Sharma 9 months ago
@ sweta the electromagnetic waves are formed by combination of electric and magnetic field.. they being neutral cannot be deflected by electric and magnetic field.. in em waves equal...
Umakant biswal 9 months ago
I think it`s because electromagnetic waves are just waves and have no positive or negative charge and therefore are not affected by electric or magnetic fields.
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts