There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off

A train is targated to run from Delhi to Pune at an average speed of 80 kph but due to repairs of track looses 3 hrs in the first part of the journey. If then accelerates at a rate of 20 kph2 till the speed reaches 100 kph. Its speed is now maintained till the end of the journey. If the train now reaches station in time, find the distance (in km) from when it has started acceleration.

previously answered by akash goyal but anwer is not 2200 km it is 840 km

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Nikhil

I think i have solved it correctly. please check your question if there is any thing missing or not. or give me the reference of book from where you have taken the question.

Akash Goyal

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Solve that 21 st which is in the image..................
The answer of this easy question is A or B or C or D as the gun fire a certain speed which is constant and the acceleration acting downward
Chris Gayle 4 days ago
In a horizontal circular motion is mg taken into consideration?
Well , in horizontal motion most of the times force mg is balanced by normal reaction. This normal reaction is mostly perpendicular to centripetal force so it doesnt play any role. But if...
Manas Shukla 12 days ago
Yes it is taken into consideration. All the forces acting on the body are taken into consideration when solving any type of problem unless stated otherwise.
Manas Shukla 15 days ago
So do you mean that mg is always taken into consideration? Both in vertical and horizontal circular motions???
Arin Som 15 days ago
Atennis ball bounces down a flght of stairs striking each step in turn and rebounding to the height of the step above. Then coefficient of restitution is?
This can be visualised as: h is directly proprtional to v^2 and height get doubled after one step then, for height h initial vel. is v^2 after height 2h the vel. becomes 4v^2 e =...
Vikas TU 6 days ago
Hi Sankalp, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
Ankit 6 days ago
Can you explain to me the concept behind a spherical conductor inside a
@ raveesh Your question is incomplete , kindly repost the question again , what u want to know about the spherical conducter ?? waiting to hear from you again . ALL THE BEST ..
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
what is meant by electrostatic force?give example for electrostatic force
Hii It’s the force exerted by two static charged particles containing non zero charges. Example ,Paper strips attracted by a charged CD
Sourabh Singh 9 months ago
If the two charges have the same sign, the electrostatic force between them is repulsive; if they have different sign, the force between them is attractive. An electric field is a vector...
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
Electro static is the phenomenon arise from the forces that electric charges exert on each other.or it is an electric field that associates to each point in the coloumb force.
N JYOTHEESWAR 9 months ago
a wheel of perimeter 4 Pi m is rolling on a horizontal surface. The displacement of the point of contact of wheel and ground when the wheel completes one quarter of revolution is
See , the perimeter of wheel is 4 pi meter. So, each rotaion the wheel makes, it goes a distance 4 pi meter. So, the quarter of a revolution makes the displacement = (4 pi / 4) meter = pi...
KAPIL MANDAL 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts