There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Two particles 1 and 2, move with constant velocities v1and v2.At initial moment their radius vectors are equal to r1 and r2.How must thes particles may be interrelated for the particles to collide?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

r1+v1t=r2+v2t, t=(r1-r2)/(v2-v1), t which is a scalar, is a quotient of two vectors. this can be possible only if the two vectors are scalar multiples of each other. so r1-r2=k(v2-v1), where k is a scalar with appropriate dimensions. this implies that

r1-r2 and v2-v1 lie along the same line

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a ball is projected with a velocity of 40√2 m/s at an angle of 45 find the position and velocity of the ball after 2 sec
please explain further in an easier way
the 3 months ago
velocity in both x and y directions=40 m/s. For X coordinate, X=40t i.e X=40x2=80m For Y coordinate, Y=Uyt+1/2gt^2 i.e. Y=40x2-1/2x10x4=60m Position of ball after 2 sec= (80,60) Velocity in ...
Prabhjot Singh 3 months ago
Is angular acceleration about any point on a rotating rigid body same? If so what is the value of it for a rod of length with a force of M*g acting on the centre and M*g/2 acting on one end...
net moment = I * a where a is the angular accln. Therefore, moment about centre = Mg*l/2 = Ml^2/12 * a Get the value of a Hence.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
You dint get my question.. Think about the first part of my question.. If the answer is yes then there is a confusion for me..
Guru Prasath one month ago
A recording disc rotates steadily at 45 revolutions/min on a table. When a small mass 0.02 kg is dropped gently on the disc at a distance of 0.04 m from its axis and stucks to the disc, the...
From angular momentum conservation, I1 w1 = I2 w2 we get, (I)*45 = [(I) + 0.02*0.04*0.04]*36 Solving for I we get, 45I – 36I = 1.152 x 10^-3 I = 1.28 x 10^-3where I is the moment of inertia ...
2017 years ago
Hi Gaurang, I use the Android app, HashLearn, to get my doubts cleared by IIT tutors on HashLearn. You should definitely try it. :)
5 days ago
sir how to use kirchoff law in case of capacitors plzz explain.... i tired to study it but i had problem in sign.....
The process for solving the capacitive network will be same as that of resistive newtork. The only different will be instead of resistance, we will have to write the impedance of the...
Vijay Mukati one year ago
for using kkirchoff’s law in case of capacitors, the first plate u encounter should be taken as positive plate and the charge on that plate should be taken into the equation.... suppose if...
chandravardhan singh one year ago
what is latent heat?what is the latent specific heat of fusion and vapourization?
Hi, latent heat meat when the subtance is changes to one state to another state by the heat that heat is called LATENT HEAT. LATENT SPECIFIC HEAT OF FUSION is nothing but one unit of the...
Difine the term “Pitch” and also describe about it.
PITCH = no.of revolutions of pitchscale/distance moved by the pitch scale.,....., ;........................
Peddireddy Hari Kumar 6 months ago
Pitch is nothing but move.In Screw Gauge The distance traveled by the screw in the nut for one complete rotation of the head on the pitch scale is a constant and is called pitch of the...
Andanam.Prasad 6 months ago
my dear kishore garu Pitch , in physics , is equivalent to the frequency of sound waves, which are any compression waves in a medium
R PAVAN 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts