There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Two particles A and B start fro rest and move for equal time on a straight line. The particle A has an acceleration a for first half of time and 2a for the second half. The particle B has an acceleration 2a for the second half. The particle B has an acceleration 2a for the first half and a for the second half. Which particle has covered larger distance?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

particle A ( accleration a for first half and 2a for second half)

particle B ( accleration 2a for first half and a for second half)

let the total time for complete journey be T

for particle A

for first half  time (T/2 , accleration a)

S1=ut+at^2/2       (u=0)

now particle has gained some velocity

for second half time (T/2 ,accleration 2a)

S=S1+S2=5aT^2/8   .............1( total distance moved for particle A )

for particle B

for first half t=T/2 ,accleration=2a

S1=Ut+2at^2/2       (u=0)

now the particle is having velocity

for second half  t=T/2 ,accleration =a

S2  =ut+at^2/2

=aT.T/2 + aT^2/8

S=S1+S2=7aT^2/8...............3 (total distance moved for particle B)

so distance moved by B particle is greater

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

when we have a mass m on top of another mass M and we apply a force on the lower block (mass M) why is the the coefficient of static friction equal to that of coefficient friction?
simple reason: Due to Newton’s thord law of motion. that is: Every action has its equal and oppsoite reaction. Therfore that friction force acts on both blocks equal and opposite to each...
2017 years ago
a ball is projected with a velocity of 40√2 m/s at an angle of 45 find the position and velocity of the ball after 2 sec
please explain further in an easier way
the 3 months ago
velocity in both x and y directions=40 m/s. For X coordinate, X=40t i.e X=40x2=80m For Y coordinate, Y=Uyt+1/2gt^2 i.e. Y=40x2-1/2x10x4=60m Position of ball after 2 sec= (80,60) Velocity in ...
Prabhjot Singh 3 months ago
An object is kept at x = 0, a force on the object is F (constant) from t =0. Friction coefficient vary as μ=cx. Then the distance travelled by the block is
Distance travelled by the block => Net Force on block = > F – uMg = Ma a = acceleration of block. F = M[cgx + vdv/dx] vdv = Fdx/M – cgxdx integerating both sides, v^2/2 = Fx/M -cgx^2/2 v =...
2017 years ago
A luminous point is moving at a speed v’ towards a spherical mirror, along its axis. Then the speed with which the image of this point object is moving is given by? (Radius of curvature is...
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
sir i have now 5 months so what should i do im an student of maths preparing to crack iit with under200 rank pplease contact me
@ abhijeet frst of all dnt frustrated , just continue the preparation that u are doing . and as u are in the last phase of your preparation , then just its time to cover and wrap up the...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Hello. I am Aaryan in 8 th grade. In the last few days have buisied myself in making anautomated level crossing gate(junctions between roadways and railways). I have made a simple model...
U can put laser sensors at a certain height to detect the train by motion and these laser sensors can be made to activate magnetic field which in turn will activate reed switches for LED...
Manas Shukla 21 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts