There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A block of mass 1kg moving with a speed 4m/s collides with another block of mass 2kg at rest,the light block comes to rest after collision,the loss in k.e. of the system is

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

m1u1=m1v1 + m2v2   (from conservation of momentam)

1*4 =  2*v2 (v1=0 ..given)

(kE)i =m1(u1)^2 /2

(kE)f=m2(v2)^2 /2

so kinetic energy transfered is 50%

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

if i fire a bullet in space it will move forever (assuming it won't hit any celestial object and doesn't get caught by any aliens). But will it accelerate forever and reach 0.99c or will it ...
I think it won’t acclerate. It will move at velocity at which it was fired because for accl n u need constant force but after firing bullet will experience no (net) force hence no accl n...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
Nothing which has measurable mass goes faster than light . Even gases observed orbiting the blackhole rarely reach .90c . Now to the question there is no force acting on the bullet after it ...
Manas Shukla one month ago
In a circus the diameter of the globe of death is 20m. From what minimum height must a cyclist start in order to go round the globe vertically? Please provide solution
At highest point of globe of death , the energy equation will be Where R is the radius of the globe of death. We also know at highest point mototcyclist needs to cancel gravityto prevent...
h min =radius/2=5m. i hope iam correct. plz give reply. plz post such type of questions. have a nice day.
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
A fighter pilot dives his plane towards the ground at 230m/s^2. He pulls out the dive on vertical circle. What is minimum radius og circle so that normal force exerted in the pilot by his...
Oops , sorry I didnt see it was a vertical circle so I didnt take into account the weight of the pilot himself. We have to keep in mind that the pilot will also exert force Mg on the seat...
We have to equal the centripetal acceleration = 3g Since the reaction on the pilot seat = centripetal acceleration for the pilot So R = 1763.33 m
But the answer is given 2700m ???? ?????? ???? ??????????.............................................
Vaibhavi one month ago
What is RC circuit?and explain it your own words??????????????????????
a first rc cicuit is composed on the resistor and capicator and is the simplest is called rc circuit.........
T.kumar 9 months ago
Hello Gowri An RC circuit is a circuit with both a resistor (R) and a capacitor (C). RC circuits are freqent element in electronic devices. They also play an important role in the...
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
rc circute is a circute with doth resistor and capacitor rc circuts may use in so many devises it play main roll.rc circuit is the circuit which contains resistor and capacitor and...
sudarshan 9 months ago
the ratio of time taken by freely falling body to cover first mover,second mover,
@ rajkumar can u plzz a little bit describe your query , as i am not getting your query properly . and here no attachment is being given , and without knowing the details of the freely...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Find the distance covered iin 1s 2s and 3s let be s1 s2 and s3 respectively. then for first mover, the answer would be=> s2-s1 and s3 – s2 therfore.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
insulators have no free electrons.How they are getting charged by friction?
I;m rele sorry that noone has answered this question since 5 days but herz the answer. When u apply friction, the heat generated will provide enery to the atoms to excite the electrons to...
Ajay Raj Nelapudi 6 months ago
yes ….there is a logic....but...I think electric force between nucleus and electron is much stronger due to small distance between heat energy overcome this......
AJAH BRAHM 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts