There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Q ; A particle is projected vertically upward with an initial velocity 40 m/s. Find the displacement and distance covered by particle in 6 seconds . Take g = 10 m/s

Answer given is 60 m  , 100 m

My Answer coming is 60 m , 90 m

Q :A particle moves in straight line with uniform acc. its vel. at time t=0 is v1 and at time t =t is v2 . the avg vel. of particle in this time interval is ?

Q:A particle moves in a straight line with const. acc..If it covers 10 m in first second and extra 10 m in next second.Find its initial velocity?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

ans1: the ans to displacement is correct.

lets do it for distance. for that you have to find out at which point of time the velocity of particle is changing.

v = u + a*t

0 = 40 +(-10)*t

=> t = 4sec

we will find out the distance travelled by particle in two phases : in first 4 sec and then in last two sec.

in first 4 sec :  s = ut + 0.5a*t^2

= 40 *4 - 0.5*10*4^2

= 80 m

in nxt 2 sec:   now the initial velocity of particle is zero as calculated above, i.e. it is a free fall.

s = ut + 0.5a*t^2

= 0 + 0.5*10*2^2

= 20m

total dis= 80+20 = 100m

ans 2: avg velocity = total displacement / total time

as acc. is contant, a = (v2-v1)/t

s = v1t + 0.5at^2

= v1t + 0.5*(v2-v1)*t^2/t

= v1t + 0.5*(v2-v1)*t

=  0.5(v2+v1)* t

avg vel. = s / t

= 0.5(v2+v1)

ans 3:

s1= u(1)+ 0.5a(1)^2  

10 = u + 0.5a      ......(1)

s2= u(2) + 0.5a(2)^2

10 +10= 2u + 2a  ......... (2)   [ the que didn't specify both the distances are in same direction or in opposite direction, i have solved it for same       directions but if the distance is in op directions then substitute 10 - 10 in place of 10+10 n solve, which gives u = 20m/s nd a = -20m/s^2

solving (1) n (2),

we get, u = 10m/s, a =0

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Question is based on cross product. it is attached.
no the question is how do we know, for example calculate torque. F=2i+3j and r=4i. so is it F cross r or r cross F and how do we decide which is correct. According to the question they used ...
Naveen Shankar one month ago
while writing in vector form you will see it has FsSin@ (where @=theta angle). so while using i vector or j vector or k vector the whole sign changes so -that is the significance of writing ...
dipika kumari Sahoo one month ago
Torque is always r x F and never F x r . If the answer in your book is given for F x r then it is wrong. The example u gave torque should be -12k
Manas Shukla one month ago
a body is projected with a velocity 60 ms at 30 degrees to horizontal.its initial velocity vector is
on resolving the vector into its x axis and y axis.60cos30 i+60sin30 j.solve it now.u wil get required answer
sunny 3 months ago
u=ucos theta +u sin theta u=60[cos30]+60[sin30] u=30 root 3i+30j this is the correct process for the answer
Sathvik Jaisheel 17 days ago
In a circus the diameter of the globe of death is 20m. From what minimum height must a cyclist start in order to go round the globe vertically? Please provide solution
At highest point of globe of death , the energy equation will be Where R is the radius of the globe of death. We also know at highest point mototcyclist needs to cancel gravityto prevent...
Manas Shukla one month ago
h min =radius/2=5m. i hope iam correct. plz give reply. plz post such type of questions. have a nice day.
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
which is a stronger form of magnetism paramagnetism or dimagnetism?
@ soumya " obviously paramagnetism have the highest power of magnetisation , actually magnetisation ca be defined as the property of magnet in which it tends to attract any other object ....
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Diamagnetism is a property of all materials and due to it the materials opposes applied magnetic fields, but ist effect is very weak. Paramagnetism , when present, is stronger than...
Adarsh 2 months ago
paramagnetism are attractive in nature while Dia-magnetic tends to repel. Now paramagnetic due to unpaired electron would have a net magnetic field and would react more to external magnetic ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
For a body moving in circular motion with a constant angular velocity, the magnitude of average acceleration over a period of half a revolution is x times th emagnitude of its instantaneous ...
Average accln. = (vjcap – (-vjcap))/(pi/w) = > 2vjcap*w/pi where w is constant angular velocity given. Now, Given 2v*w/pi = x * dv/dt dv/v = (2*w/x*pi)dt integerate both sides logv =...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
What is the normalisation procedure in jee mains?
It’s very complicated to understand. It’s better to concentrate on your studies as already it is going to demolish from 2017.
Vikas TU 5 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts