There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Coefficient of friction for a rough incline is 0.50 . find the acceleration of a block down the incline of angle 2A where A is the angle of repose

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

u=tanA =0.5

=g(2tanA-u(1-tan^2A))/1+tan^2A                          sin2A=2tanA/1+tan^2A

a=g/2                                                                          cos2A=1-tan^2A/1+tan^2A

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

when we have a mass m on top of another mass M and we apply a force on the lower block (mass M) why is the the coefficient of static friction equal to that of coefficient friction?
simple reason: Due to Newton’s thord law of motion. that is: Every action has its equal and oppsoite reaction. Therfore that friction force acts on both blocks equal and opposite to each...
2017 years ago
a rectangular plate abcd of mass m and dimensions a x b is supported in a vertical plane by two hinges at aa and b as shown in fig. find instantaneous reaction of the hinge at a immediately ...
plz send the image . then i will better understand & then i will try to help u. i am waiting for figure given in the question. if u dont know how to attach or send figure then ask me.
prateek 5 days ago
a bullet of mass 100 gram moving with 20 m/s strikes a wooden plank and penetrates upto 20 cm calculate the resistance offered by the wooden plank
Resistance offered- F=ma ,where m=100g=0.1kg accl n is to be determined. v 2 =u 2 +as as bullet is stopped after 20 cm in plank v=0 ,u=20m/s ,s=20cm=0.2m On substituting 0 2 =20 2 +2a*0.2...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
I made a mistake v 2 =u 2 +2as though i wonder how did i manage to substitute properly Anyhow apologies for the mistake
Paras Verma 3 months ago
For a body moving in circular motion with a constant angular velocity, the magnitude of average acceleration over a period of half a revolution is x times th emagnitude of its instantaneous ...
Average accln. = (vjcap – (-vjcap))/(pi/w) = > 2vjcap*w/pi where w is constant angular velocity given. Now, Given 2v*w/pi = x * dv/dt dv/v = (2*w/x*pi)dt integerate both sides logv =...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
a person with normal near point 25 cm using a compound microscope with objective of focal length 8 mm and an eye piece of focal length 2.5 cm can bring an object placed at 9 mm from the...
For sharp focus, image should be formed at infinity. For image to be at infinity, The image formed by the objective should be at the focus of the eyepiece. WKT, Magnification(m)= v o /u o...
Raveesh 3 months ago
what is work energy thereom...................................?
For any net force acting on a particle moving along any curvilinear path, it can be demonstrated that its work equals the change in the kinetic energy of the particle by a simple derivation...
rahul kushwaha 28 days ago
To change the kinetic energy of a particle we have to apply a force on it and the force must do work on it. This relationship between KE and WORK is called "work -energy theorem...
Ankur Saha 27 days ago
Relation bewteen KE and W: The work done on an object by a net force equals the change in kinetic energy of the object: W = KEf - KEi. This relationship is called the work-energy theorem.
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts