There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

1.What is the physical meaning of product of vectors?

2.We can take product of 2 vectors but we can't divide 2 vectors.Why?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Nitin,

The physical meaning of vector is, its a kind of pointer which shows the direction of motion of a particular object, assosiated with the magnitude(with how much speed lets say) of motion of it.

if you want to say a car is moving parallel to me at 5 kmph.The vector quantity is 5i(cap).

You can divide two vectors because you can divide one direction by other.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Question is based on cross product. it is attached.
no the question is how do we know, for example calculate torque. F=2i+3j and r=4i. so is it F cross r or r cross F and how do we decide which is correct. According to the question they used ...
Naveen Shankar one month ago
while writing in vector form you will see it has FsSin@ (where @=theta angle). so while using i vector or j vector or k vector the whole sign changes so -that is the significance of writing ...
dipika kumari Sahoo one month ago
Torque is always r x F and never F x r . If the answer in your book is given for F x r then it is wrong. The example u gave torque should be -12k
Manas Shukla one month ago
A taxi leaves the station X for station y every 10 minutes .simultaneously , a taxi leaves the station Y also for station X for every 10 minutes. the taxi moves at the same constant speed...
and 25 if u are considering the taxis that our taxi meet on the station X and Y thanks plz approve if u found this helpful
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
Hi I don’t know that we have to consider the taxi that our taxi will meet on the end points of its journey(that is station X amd Y). so here i am taking that we don’t have to consider those ...
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
Suppose there is a sprig of spring constant k and a box of mass m attached to it.This system is placed on a horizontal smooth plane.Suppose a constant force F is applied on the box so that...
If we are applying force in such a way that its not converting into kinetic energy then the object will stop (at max displacement) when both(restoring n applied) forces are equal. (As I...
Awasthî Shußham 11 days ago
So the point where the two forces are equal n opposite, need not to be the point of maximum displacement?
Awasthî Shußham 11 days ago
It is so because the Force U wrote as F =kx is the spring force due to F is the restoring firce at any displacement x which we could not sure that it would be maximum compression in the...
Vikas TU 12 days ago
what is center of mass.............................................???
@ hayathi COM is besically a point at which all of the mass of a body is supposed to be concentrated . if an object is balanced at this point , no net torque act on this object and it will...
Umakant biswal one month ago
In physics, the center of mass of a distribution of mass in space is the unique point where the weighted relative position of the distributed mass sums to zero or the point where if a force ...
Shreyas Patil one month ago
dear hayathi, It is the imaginary point at which the total mass of the system is supposed to be concentrated.
SAI SARDAR one month ago
Figure shows a circular wire loop of radius r carrying current i placed in a perpendicular magnetic field B . Suppose that the radius of cross section of the wire is a . Find the decrease...
Hello, U have mentioned above the figure . But i found no attachment here. I request U to plz upload the figure. Cheers!
Vikas TU 23 days ago
what is the doppler effect?
the change in frequency of wave motion due to relative motion between sourcce and listener is called doppler effect.
BOLLU SRINIVAS one year ago
an increase (or decrease) in the frequency of sound, light, or other waves as the source and observer move towards (or away from) each other. The effect causes the sudden change in pitch...
RAKESH CHINDAM one year ago
the change in frequency of wave motion due to relative motion between sourcce and listener is called doppler effect.
DURGA PRASAD one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts