There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A person pushes a 10 kg cart a distance of 20 meters by exerting a 60 Newton horizontal force. The frictional resistance force is 50 Newtons. How much work is done by each force acting ont he cart? How much kinetic energy does the cart have at the end of the 20 meters if it started from rest:

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

work done by friction =50*s =-500J (here force is opposite to displacement)

workdone by man =60*s=600J      (force is in the direction of displacement)

net wordone =work by friction + work by man =100J

kinetic energy change=total work=100J

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a bullet of mass 100 gram moving with 20 m/s strikes a wooden plank and penetrates upto 20 cm calculate the resistance offered by the wooden plank
Resistance offered- F=ma ,where m=100g=0.1kg accl n is to be determined. v 2 =u 2 +as as bullet is stopped after 20 cm in plank v=0 ,u=20m/s ,s=20cm=0.2m On substituting 0 2 =20 2 +2a*0.2...
Paras Verma 3 months ago
I made a mistake v 2 =u 2 +2as though i wonder how did i manage to substitute properly Anyhow apologies for the mistake
Paras Verma 3 months ago
Plz give me the answer of above question..........................
There is no question i see here. plz check again! Neither i found any attachment here! Post your question again! Thanks!
2017 years ago
what is banking of road ? why is important for us?and wat is friction in the banking of road?
the phenomenon of raising the outer edge of the curved road above the inner edge is to provide the nessasary centripetal force to the veichle to take a safer turn in the curved road is...
Umakant biswal 22 days ago
friction defined as the resistance force offered by surface of contact acting in the direction opposite to the motion.and the banking road is the curved road where we take safe turn at the...
Y MANJUNADH 22 days ago
What are the different types of pulse modulation? Mention the names.
The important characteristics of a pulse are – pulse amplitude,pulse position (denotes time of rise or fall of amplitude of the pulse) and pulse width or pulse duration. Thus the main types ...
Adarsh 2 months ago
modulation is a technique in which message signal is transmitted to the receiver with the help of carrier signal. Here in modulation , we combine both carrier signal and message signal....
naveen 2 months ago
a circular loop carrying a current i is placed in XY plane with center at origin.a uniform magnetic field is oriented about positive z axis.The loop tends to ? ANS: expand how?
compression if the direction of current i
rohit anand 9 months ago
compress if the direction o
rohit anand 9 months ago
Resistance of 12 ohm is cut into three equal parts and add in triangular shape.find out resistance between two points of triangle
Resistance is directly proprtional to sq. of length. Hence after cutting the length becomes l/3, l/3 and l/3 respectively. Hence Resistances corresponding to those lengths would be: R =...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts