There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A truck is moving on a frictionless surface with uniform velocity of 10m/s.A leak occurs in the water tank of the truck at the rate of 2kg/s.What is the speed of truck after 50s if the mass of truck is 100kg and mass of water initially was 100kg? 

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

initially the mass of the system =mass of ( truck+water)=100+100= 200kg

water is leaking at 2 kg/s

so, after 50s .... 2*50kg of water has leaked out.

so final mass of system= 200 - 100 =100kg

now conservation of momentum...

200* v= 100*x   ...x= final speed

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Please solve the attached questions with steps. Thanks in advance. Can you please guide me how to solve projectile motion problems and circular motion problem accurately
First of all the answer to the above question is option d and not option c as stated by komali. -.-‘ Now, For projectile motion problems Always resolve motion in two directions , x and y...
Manas Shukla 4 days ago
the answer is 50m/s and it is surely correct no need to worry about it and proceed please and steps are as follows
komali 5 days ago
the resultant of two forces is 250n and the same are inclined at 30 n 45 with resultant,one on either side.calculate the magnitute of two forces.
sorry forum bug... Let the two forces be F1 and F2 and resultant be R. Lets assume F1 lies on x axis So if F1 is on x axis , F2 will make 75degrees with x axis and resultant will make...
Manas Shukla one month ago
For the sake of simplicity lets assume
Manas Shukla one month ago
a ball is projected with a velocity of 40√2 m/s at an angle of 45 find the position and velocity of the ball after 2 sec
please explain further in an easier way
the 3 months ago
velocity in both x and y directions=40 m/s. For X coordinate, X=40t i.e X=40x2=80m For Y coordinate, Y=Uyt+1/2gt^2 i.e. Y=40x2-1/2x10x4=60m Position of ball after 2 sec= (80,60) Velocity in ...
Prabhjot Singh 3 months ago
i want any book on electronics iam interested please provide it to me sir
@ kalyan what u want to study from that book . in case u are in class 12 th and want to study semiconducter then go for resnick halliday . its the best book for electronics upto class 12 th ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
if you want to study analog circuits and devices, I would suggest you to study the book written by sedra and smith it will help you to help you to build your foundation. If you want to...
HIMANSHU SAXENA 2 months ago
The displacement x of a body varies with time t as x=-2/3 t×t + 16 t +2. In what time of body comes to rest
velocity should be equal to zero that is dx/dt = 0. Hence, v = dx/dt = -4t/3 + 16 = 0 t/3 = 4 t = 12 s. After 12 seconds the body will come to rest.
Vikas TU 19 days ago
the generators are divided into two types ac and dc will you please explain about it?
generators are divided into 2 type ac generator-in these generator the mechanical energy is converted into electical energies. while in dc generator electical energies is converted to...
rishabh 6 months ago
AC- in this generation the mechanical energy is converted into electrical energy. DC- in this generation electrical energy converted into mechanical energy.
nani 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts