There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

ques) A point mass starts moving in a straight line with constant acceleration. After time to the acc changes its sign, remaining the same in magnitude. Dtermine the time t from the beginning of motion in which the point mass returns to its initial problems.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Tushar

Ans.  total time = 2t0

Apply v = u + at and find the velocity after time to(u = 0) and then after finding v , use this v to find the time t for the rest of the motion by jst changing the sign of acceleration and again apply v=u + at (final velocity = 0 ) .

add up the two times to get the total time.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

In a circus the diameter of the globe of death is 20m. From what minimum height must a cyclist start in order to go round the globe vertically? Please provide solution
At highest point of globe of death , the energy equation will be Where R is the radius of the globe of death. We also know at highest point mototcyclist needs to cancel gravityto prevent...
Manas Shukla one month ago
h min =radius/2=5m. i hope iam correct. plz give reply. plz post such type of questions. have a nice day.
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
In the figure (check attachement) the reading of the spring balance will be (take g=10m/s2): A) 60 kg f. B)5 kg f. C) 60 N. D) 60 kg f.
May I know what is the correct answer to this question. So as to help myself in studies.Hope You reply as soon as possible.
Mudit 2 months ago
Weight isin downward direction(mg).It can be resolved into two components mgcos30 and mg sin30. mgsin30 is down the inclined plane.The reading of spring balance =mgsin30 =10*0.5*g = 5kg f...
Mudit 2 months ago
In how much time will my question get answered??can you please reply and give me the correct answer?
Hai student, Your questiions will be answered as soon as possible. Ask your subject doubts to get clarified at AskIITians.
Dr.Adam Shaik 2 days ago
diffeerence between thermodynamics of physics and chemistry
@ shreya Thermodynaimcs is a simple branch which deals with the conversion of one forms of heat to anathor , in physics and chemistry there is a besic diffrence in the sign convention of...
Umakant biswal 4 months ago
Chemists must study the fundamentals of physics and thermodynamics means thermal energy in motion. Physics reveals the underlying laws of thermodynamics while chemistry likely applies the...
Vikas TU 4 months ago
According to Newton’s third law, every force is accompanied by an equal and opposite force. How can a movement ever take place?
dear hanuma, Action and reaction act on two different bodies. Hence movement of each body is due to either action or reaction.
SAI SARDAR one month ago
Biot savart law for a straight wire
Bio Savart law gives us the value of magnetic field for a straight conductor at a point P at a distance r from the wire. it is given as B = k x[idlsin /r 2] where K is = 10 -7
Neeti one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts