There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A srone tied to a string of length L is whirled in a vertical circle with the other end of the string at the centre. At a certain instant of time, the stone is in the lowest position , and has a speed u. The magnitude of the change in its velocity as it reaches a position where the sting is horizontal is :

a) root (u^2 - 2gL)

b) root (2gL)

c) root (u^2 - gL)

d) root (2(u^2 - gL))

please help by answering this Q and the method to do this Question

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

applying energy conservation

we get v=root(u^2-2gl)

in vector form we can express as v vector=root(u^2-2gl)j and u vector =ui

difference is v-u =root(u^2+v^2)=root(2(u^2-gl))

6 years ago

Can some1 explain this more clearly !

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

A body is dropped from a height of 16 m The body strikes the ground and looses 25% of its velocity. The body rebounds to a height of ........
Let v be the velocity when it stri​kes the ground .ie final velocity ,then ​ v ​2 -0 ​2 ​=2*16*10=320,after rebound velocity V=3/4v,hight attained h=V ​2 ​/2*10=(3/4) ​2 ​...
abhi 3 months ago
When particle is dropped it will reached at ground with velocity √2gh OK.then it will rebounded with same velocity but of lose of energy it`s velocity becomes 0.75√2gh then after rebounded...
Praveen Mishra 2 months ago
why& when do we use vector form?? what is meant by retardition??
@ RAM if the velocity of the object decrease in the same direction , the object has a retradation . it also called as negative acceleration and retradation . or u can simply tell it is -ve...
Umakant biswal one month ago
We use vector forms when cases are direction dependent.Means direction is important while considering the quantities. e.g ; velocity,acceleration etc. Retardation,again,means acceleration...
Divyanshu Rathore one month ago
a ball is projected with a velocity of 40√2 m/s at an angle of 45 find the position and velocity of the ball after 2 sec
please explain further in an easier way
the 3 months ago
velocity in both x and y directions=40 m/s. For X coordinate, X=40t i.e X=40x2=80m For Y coordinate, Y=Uyt+1/2gt^2 i.e. Y=40x2-1/2x10x4=60m Position of ball after 2 sec= (80,60) Velocity in ...
Prabhjot Singh 3 months ago
can x ray cause photo electric cell ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
photoelectric cell or photocell, device whose electrical characteristics vary when light is incident upon it. The most common type consists of two electrodes separated by a light-sensitive...
Umakant biswal 16 days ago
photo electric cells can be made by use of x-rays so answer of your question is yes. i hope this will help you :-)
prateek yesterday
Thermal physics is the combined study of thermodynamics, statistical mechanics, and kinetic theory. This umbrella-subject is typically designed for physics students and functions to provide ...
SAI SARDAR one year ago
Thermal physics is the study of heat.Heat energy, or thermal energy, is the energy of a substance or system in terms of the motion or vibration of its molecules. The faster the molecules in ...
BOLLU SRINIVAS one year ago
find the unit vector perpendicular tothe vetors P=3i+j+2k and Q=2i-2j+4k. pls explain the steps too
first u have to find the cross product of these two vectors......i hope that u know how to find cross product... (3i+j+2k) X (2i-2j+4k) = 8i-8j-8k now this one is the property of cross...
Deepak Gauniyal 3 months ago
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts