There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A rod of mass m length l and modulus Y is rotating about an axis passing through one of its end perpendicular to its length with angular velocity[Eqn]\omega[/Eqn]. Find the strain at the center of the rod.

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Pratik,

We know that centrifugl force= mass * radius * angular velocity2

so we get F = m * l/2 * ω2

radius = l/2 beacuse the centre of mass of the rod is at l/2 distance from one the end.

we know that Y= longitudinal stress/longitudinal strain

long strain = long stress/ Y

Δl/l           = F/ (A*Y)

Where A is cross sectional area of the rod....

So there is some data still missing..

I hope this may help u to some extent...

I suggest u to post ur questions properly...

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best  !!!

Askiitians Experts

Adapa Bharath

6 years ago

I forgot to mention it........the cross sectional area is A. But the 4 options are.......

1) (mω2L)/(4AY)

2) (3mω2L)/(4AY)

3) (mω2L)/(8AY)

4) (3mω2L)/(8AY)

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

a packet is released from a balloon accelerating upward with acceleration a. the acceleration of packet just after the release is
Since the ballon was moving upward with acceleration a, there is a force of gravity on the packet too. The balloon is moving upward bexause the reaction force R>W, weight of the packet. As...
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
Just after the release the packet posses only the component of the velocity aquired. Here the accleration of the balloon has no effect on the acceration of the body. When the body is...
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
Shaswata Biswas your anwer is right. But can you please explain why the acceleration of the balloon has no effect on the acceleration of the body?
Dhanyashree one month ago
The accleration of the packet will be `g` acting downward as no external force other then gravity working on will achieve the case of free fall. If I am wrong please ..explain the...
-1 hours ago
if a body move with u velocity then after collide with wall and remove with v velocity what is the impulse
Hi aman, I think this might help as we know that Impulse and also F=m(dv/dt) so (here m is the mass of body and dv/dt =acc) here p is the momentum ans delta p is change in momentum hence in ...
Ankit Jaiswal 22 days ago
any post any query as a post...
Ankit Jaiswal 20 days ago
and plz approve this will help me alot...
Ankit Jaiswal 20 days ago
A And B Are Two Vectors and R Is The Resultant. For What Angle Is IT Maximum For What Angle Is It Minimum
Here is another solution: We know the expression for R=(A 2 +B 2 +2ABcos ) ½ As A 2 & B 2 are positive and constant so the value of R will be Maximum when cos is Maximum. Hence cos is...
Piyush Behera 12 days ago
@Manas Shukla how can you say that at =180 they cancel out each other ,It is not given that both are equal ,so the term “cancel out each other” doesnot suit.However it can be say that the...
Piyush Behera 12 days ago
R is maximum when angle between them is 0 degrees since they just get added. R is minimum when vectors cancel out the effects of one another angle between them being 180 degrees
Manas Shukla 12 days ago
what is work energy thereom...................................?
For any net force acting on a particle moving along any curvilinear path, it can be demonstrated that its work equals the change in the kinetic energy of the particle by a simple derivation...
rahul kushwaha 29 days ago
To change the kinetic energy of a particle we have to apply a force on it and the force must do work on it. This relationship between KE and WORK is called "work -energy theorem...
Ankur Saha 29 days ago
Relation bewteen KE and W: The work done on an object by a net force equals the change in kinetic energy of the object: W = KEf - KEi. This relationship is called the work-energy theorem.
Shreyas Patil 2 months ago
The cieling of long hall is 25 m high What is the maximum horizontal distance that a ball thrown with a speed of 40 ms can go without hitting the ceiling of wall? Plz explain with a DIAGRAM
Let the angle of throwing be Q with respect to the ground So, the range is R = 40*cosQ*t where t = time taken reach ground. Now, we know the time taken to reach the top of its flight is...
Tapas Khanda 2 months ago
Let the angle of throwing be Q with respect to the ground So, the range is R = 30*cosQ*t where t = time taken reach ground. Now, we know the time taken to reach the top of its flight is...
Diagram is not required to solve this question. You can directly use the formula to find range : R = (v^2/g)*sin2Q Maximum height reached, H = v^2*sin^2Q/2g So, 25 = 40^2*sin^2Q/(2*9.8) So, ...
rgarding calculas and graphs the best book for iit jee with appropriate theory
best book only for graph is "graph & function by s.k. goyal" by JPNP publisher & in my personal view for any difficult function graph, it is the best book ever seen. other best book for...
ADITI SINGH 3 months ago
@ mohammed Kindly mention that u want the books to master only calculus related to maths , for maths problem solving or for physics , which helps in developing physics foundation for...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Three books come to my mind All books authored by Amit M Agarwal and Publish by Arihant Play with Graphs Diffrential Calculus. Integral Calculus I have also reviewed Diffrential...
Ajay 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts