There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

sir, does atmosphere of a planet plays any role in retarding or accelerating the motion of a body ?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Though the atmosphere does not play any role in the acceleration due to gravity of a palnet, it does retard the motion of a body during it's motion as it will definitely provide a certain amount of friction no matter the body's direction of motion. this is the reason the raindrops falling from the sky fall at a uniform velocity (known as terminal velocity) rather than falling with a acceleration. the denser the atmosphere, the more retardation affect it will exert.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

A fighter pilot dives his plane towards the ground at 230m/s^2. He pulls out the dive on vertical circle. What is minimum radius og circle so that normal force exerted in the pilot by his...
Oops , sorry I didnt see it was a vertical circle so I didnt take into account the weight of the pilot himself. We have to keep in mind that the pilot will also exert force Mg on the seat...
Manas Shukla one month ago
We have to equal the centripetal acceleration = 3g Since the reaction on the pilot seat = centripetal acceleration for the pilot So R = 1763.33 m
Manas Shukla one month ago
But the answer is given 2700m ???? ?????? ???? ??????????.............................................
Vaibhavi one month ago
the moment of inertia of a solid flywheel of radius 0.1m about its axis is 0.1kgm2. a tangential force of 2 kg wt is applied through the circumference of flywheel with the help of string and...
ANS: 2m/s 2 equate the torque I alpha = force * r (r = radius of wheel) 0.1*a/r = 2*10* r ( a = accelaration) therefore a=2m/s 2 ( r = 0.1m)
2017 years ago
Please solve the attached questions with steps. Thanks in advance. Can you please guide me how to solve projectile motion problems and circular motion problem accurately
First of all the answer to the above question is option d and not option c as stated by komali. -.-‘ Now, For projectile motion problems Always resolve motion in two directions , x and y...
Manas Shukla 7 days ago
the answer is 50m/s and it is surely correct no need to worry about it and proceed please and steps are as follows
komali 8 days ago
A faulty thermometer has its fixed point 5 and 95 .this thermometer reads the temperature of a body as 59 .then the correct temperature of the body on the Celsius scale is
Here faulty reading (x)=59 Lower fixed point of faulty readind (L.F.P)=5 Upper fixed point of faulty reading (U.F.P.)=95 Fundamental interval (F.I.)=95-5=90 Correct reading(C)=?...
U.Divyatejasree 29 days ago
please can i get explanation to the concept behind the question..
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
@ amit the question deals with the electric field intensity in a spherical chrged shell . u can calculate it by applying the formula E= RHO *I / 3 E0 where e0 is the permittivity of free...
Umakant biswal 4 months ago
manufacture of hydrogen bombs involves the principle of
Principle: Stages have been defined for the working at each stage a step. sections are: primary that consists of fission of bomb. secondary → fusion fuel. Both primary and secondary are...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts