There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off

A ball is thrown from a point on ground at some angle of projection. At the same time a bird starts from a point directly above this point of projection at a height h horizontally with speed u. GHiven that in its flight ball just touches bird at one point. Find the distance on ground where ball strikes.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Vishrant

As the question says the ball touches the bird at one point.So that point must be the highest point attained by the ball.Because if it was not the highest point then the ball must touch the bird once again i.e when the ball is moving down.

let v be the velocity of ball at the time of projection and θ be the angle of projection

then since horizontal component of velocity of ball = velocity of bird (since they both cover same horizontal distance in same time)

v cos θ =u -eq 1

futher h= v2 sinθ/2g

√h= v sinθ /√2g -eq 2

distance on ground where ball strikes=rnage of the projectile=v2 sin 2θ/g=2v2 sin θ cos θ /g

multiply eq 1 and eq 2

u√h=v2sin θ cosθ/√2g

2u√2h/√g=v2 sinθ cosθ*2/g=range

so ball will land on ground at a distance of 2u√2h/√g 

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

the potential energy U(x) of a particle moving along x-axis is given by U(x) = ax-bx2 .find the equillibrium position of the particle ?
At eqm. position the net Force would be zero. As, F = – dU/dx => -(a -2bx) = 0 a = 2bx x = a/2b would be the eqm. position.
Vikas TU 13 days ago
A uniform disc of radius R is taken and out of it a disc of diameter R/2 is cut off from end. The center of mass of remaining part will be?
Let M be the mass of the full disc , M’ be the mass of the partial disc and m be the mass of the smaller removed disc. If p is the density of the disc materials Then Now Lets assume the...
Manas Shukla 9 days ago
A particle is moving with a uniform acceleration along a straight line. Its velocities at A and B are respectively 7m/s^2 and 17m/s^2. M is the mid point of A and B. If t1is the time tajen...
dear student or sir a small mistake occured in your typing. velocity is considered in m/s and acceleration is considered in m/s^2. so I solve velocity in this question given conditions in...
aditya 5 days ago
the qustion is not proper. Is it a acceleration or velocity? . if velocity then it must be in m/s repost correctly !!
Adikesh Kumar 5 days ago
I want to know that how to solve complicated questions of physics?
@ anup nothing is complicaTED in physics as far as i knows . if u will read with besic concept and your concept will be crystal clear in that case the thing will be easy ., frst of all...
Umakant biswal one month ago
questions in physics are not at all complicated ur thinking and perception on physics is complicated... if u change that u can solve anything... all the best for ur change
prathyusha manda one month ago
Is there any formula which can help me to find out the stregth of magnetic field required to catch a very fast moving object of very negligiable mass around 0.32 gm.
When we can find the strength of magnetic field of a moving charge(a bunch of electrons of very quantum mass), then m = 0.32 gm is very massive as compare to the massof an electron or...
Saurabh Kumar 7 months ago
Explains the laws of motion?
Newton's laws of motion are three physical laws that, together, laid the foundation for classical mechanics . They describe the relationship between a body and the forces acting upon it,...
venky one year ago
Newton's First Law of Motion : I. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it. This we recognize as...
SAI SARDAR one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts