There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A stone is hanging with with a thread from the end of a round table[ r = 22.6cm ]. The table is roated such that the thread forms an angle of (pie/6) about the vertical. What is the angular velocity of that table?? 

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

I have solved it . w = 5 rad/s

6 years ago

let the tension in the thread is T

the stone is in equilibrium thus

T sin60=mg

r = lcos60 , here l is the length of thread

we get w=7 rad

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

What is integral ds/dt????????????????????????????????????!!?
the velocity is very nearly equal to the distance s divided by the time t--i.e., s/t. The exact velocity v would be the limit of s/t as t gets closer and closer to zero or, as we say,...
James Joseph 5 days ago
Above Qn) is from fluid mechanics.Plz help out to solve me....actually the concept behind this Q is unknown to me.....
We see that the water divides the candle into 2 equal halves. So total mass of candle = mass of water displaced So clearly density of candle is half of water. Since that is the case , water ...
Manas Shukla 5 days ago
what is banking of road ? why is important for us?and wat is friction in the banking of road?
the phenomenon of raising the outer edge of the curved road above the inner edge is to provide the nessasary centripetal force to the veichle to take a safer turn in the curved road is...
Umakant biswal 20 days ago
friction defined as the resistance force offered by surface of contact acting in the direction opposite to the motion.and the banking road is the curved road where we take safe turn at the...
Y MANJUNADH 20 days ago
The S.I unit of magnetic field induction?
Weber/m 2
SAIMANIKANTA one year ago
Weber/m 2 is the unit of the magnetic field induction. And Electromagnetic induction is the production of an electromotive force across a conductor exposed to time varying magnetic fields....
SAI SANDY 10 months ago
Dear Kajal, The S.I. unit of Magnetic field induction is Weber/Meter 2 .And it from the formula of magnetid field induction.
SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
What does negative sign in magnifying power of telescope denotes
@ altaf , the negative signs means the image will be inverted , as in magnification we are taking the raio of the height / distance of image / object ,, so, if in the case of telescope ,...
Umakant biswal 27 days ago
what is the highest mountain in the total solar system ?what is its height?
Mount Olympus Mons is the highest peak in the solarsystem and its height is about 3 times of mount everest.
R PAVAN 6 months ago
The Hall effect is relevant to a variety of sensor applications; devices based on this relatively simple relationship between current, magnetic field, and voltage can be used to measure...
Kishorkumar 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts