There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

Mass of a pendulam is 10-2 kg. It is lifted to 5×10-2 m and released. At the lowest point of its path an extra mass of 10-3  kg  is attached with the pendulam. Find the height travelled by the pendulam At the opposite side.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Subhajit,

Ans:- The velocity at the bottommost point is=√(2*10*0.05) m/s=1m/s

From the conservation of momentum we get the final velocity at the bottommost point after the extra mass is hanged is

=0.91 m/s

Let the max height is =H m

Then H=0.91²/(2*10)

=4.1×10-² m  

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Subhajit !!!

Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Mechanics

Refer to the figure. All the surfaces are frictionless. The strings are massless and inextensible. The ratio of tensions T1 and T2 is: a)1 : 5 , b) 5 : 1, c) 1 : 1, d) 6 : 1 (answer), e)1 : ...
Let the acceleration of the system be a. Considering the 2kg and 10kg masses and writing the equation of motion for them, we have: For 10kg mass: (1) For 2kg mass: (2) Substituting eqn(2)...
Raman Mishra one month ago
The applied force is not mentioned...we cant solve without it...there is a short cut method for this type of problems....I cant use it unless u give the numerical value of the force which is...
Soham Chowdhury one month ago
But the force was not given with the question. There was no numerical value, just ‘F’. I’d be happy if you gave me the shortcut, though.
Grace Mathew one month ago
Find the distance travelled by the block. If the coefficient of friction vary as μ=cx. Please see image
Net Force on block = > F – uMg = Ma F = M[cgx + vdv/dx] vdv = Fdx/M – cgxdx integerating both sides, v^2/2 = Fx/M -cgx^2/2 v = root(2xF/M – cgx^2) v would be zero at last. hence, 2F/M – cgx ...
2017 years ago
For aiims..should i prefer mechanical engineering book? By s chand(for physics)
S.Chand Physics book is fine for academics also even fine for preparation to some extent. prepare concepts clearly from it....
Santosh Datla 3 months ago
@ sakshi No, for aiims mechanical engg book is not required at all , i never practiced any mechanical or even any books from s chand , but still i am in. For aiims specially u require the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
What is HUYGENS principle?and explain with your own words??????????????????????/
Gowri sankar,Huygen’s principle states that it is a method of analysis applied to problems of wave propagation both in the far field limit and near field limit.
SAI SARDAR 9 months ago
Hello Gowri The Huygens -Fresnel principle states that every point on a wavefront is a source of wavelets. These wavelets spread out in the forward direction, at the same speed as the...
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
hellow gowrishankarThe Huygens–Fresnel principle (named after Dutch physicist Christiaan Huygens and French physicist Augustin-Jean Fresnel) is a method of analysis applied to problems of...
raj 9 months ago
the emf of a cell used in the main circuit of the potentiometer should me more than the potential difference to be measured . why?
Potentiometer is a very basic instrument used for comparing emf of two cells and for calibrating ammeter, voltmeter and watt-meter. Basic working principle of potentiometer is very simple....
dolly bhatia 2 months ago
what is the principle of superposition?
The principle of superposition: superposition principle , also known as superposition property, states that, for all linear systems, the net response at a given place and time caused by two ...
BOLLU SRINIVAS one year ago
In physics and systems theory , the superposition principle also known as superposition property , states that, for all linear systems , the net response at a given place and time caused by ...
RAKESH CHINDAM one year ago
). Y + X ) produces response ( B + A then input ( Y produces response B and input X produces response A , the net response at a given place and time caused by two or more stimuli is the sum ...
pa1 one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Mechanics

Ask Experts