There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 50% OFF on Online Material.
Use coupon code: MOB50 | View Course list
                   what is selection criteria in iit?

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Ankit

Only those candidates who attempted both Paper-I and Paper-II will be considered for the ranking. Marks in Chemistry in JEE will be equal to marks in Chemistry section of Paper-I plus marks in Chemistry section of Paper-II. Similar procedure will be followed for Mathematics and Physics. The sum of the marks obtained in the individual subjects in JEE will be the aggregate mark for the candidate.
The average of the marks scored by all such candidates will be computed for each of the three subjects. These will be the Minimum Qualifying Marks for Ranking (MQMR) in the individual subjects.
Based on the MQMR in the individual subjects as well as the aggregate marks in the examination, a Common Merit List (CML) will be prepared without any relaxed criteria, such that the number of candidates in this list is equal to the total number of seats available in all the participating institutes put together. The aggregate marks scored by the last candidate in the CML will be the CML cut-off score (CCS).
Next, the merit list of the OBC candidates will be prepared. If the number of OBC candidates in the CML is equal to or more than 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats, then the OBC merit list will contain all these candidates.
In case the number of OBC candidates qualified in the CML is less than 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats, then relaxation (maximum of 10%) to the individual MQMR as well as to the CCS will be applied, and an OBC merit list will be prepared, in which the number of candidates will be at most 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats.
By applying 50% relaxation to the individual MQMR as well as to the CCS, separate merit list for SC, ST and PD candidates will be prepared. The number of candidates in each of these lists will be, at most 1.4 times the number of available seats in the respective categories.
While preparing the merit lists, if a candidate belongs to more than one category/ subcategory of relaxed norms, then he/she for the purpose of ranking shall be considered in all the categories in which he/she qualifies.
There will be no separate waiting list for candidates.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

#1. I scored 330/504 marks in JEE Advanced 2015(~65%). Could anyone please estimate my rank? #2, My interest lies in Elec. Engg. But almost everyone is warning/urging me not to go for it...
You would be around 4000-4500. Its not like that, electrical engineering is very interesting, try to choose Automation and design part involved in Electrical engg.
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
Just listen to your inner voice, make up your mind to pursue the study program that you are interested in and do the right....mind you whatever you may choose, one thing is for sure that...
Frank Defeo 4 months ago
Considering the difficulty level of the paper compared to last few years, your rank would surely be below 500. There is no such thing as elect. would take you away from your social life,...
adad 4 months ago
Suppose i Don’t Get into any main streams of Engineerng in IIT but mining n ceramic i might be getting based on previous cut offs ... will it be a good decision to go for it ...wrt to...
Hi The prospect of Mining Engineering is very good in India. Specially in PSU’s. So I would say you should go for it. Also You might like to note that after first year you get a very...
Sunil Kumar 3 months ago
Hi I did get your question. You can upgrade your branch in the any IIT. It is in all IIT’s. And you must not have a backlog in any subject during your first year. That is all the...
Sunil Kumar 3 months ago
Hi No you get that oppurtunity if you score a good CGPA (>9/10) , varies for different branches you want to go to. You need to have a very good CGPA after 1 st year to get that.
Sunil Kumar 3 months ago
sir i got 62 nos. in jee mains and 85.6% in 12 board what will be my expected rank
Plz notify the question clearly.If the marks are for general category you cannot achieve the cutoff rank.
Avinash 3 months ago
You can better try at certain chosen one institutions for seeking admission in Engg study program. As your score in both JEE as well as in Board is not so promising, you can consider any of ...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 3 months ago
if general category than jee mainb not qualified and no chances for any govt college and in case of other category also u will not get nit, APPROVE IF USEFUL
ng29 3 months ago
can i get civil or mechanical at new iits with 3519 obc-nlc rank
Seems to be dificult for your case. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
Well the score that you have mentioned, does not seem to be much encouraging so I would suggest that you may try seeking admission in some other leading institutions of the country offering ...
Ayushmaan Vardhan 2 months ago
I am now in eleventh and planning to go for MBBS which exam I have to appear for??
You must start preparing for the AIPMT. You can get one of the top colleges of the India for MBBS through this exam. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one month ago
How to securing a website with client SSL certificate
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): How It Works Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology protects your Web site and makes it easy for your Web site visitors to trust you in three essential ways: 1....
Amit Saxena 6 years ago
Reason to Implement SSL in Website.. If you have sensitive data on your site, or the site is intended for a limited audience, you may want to implement user certificate authorization, which ...
Ravi Sharma 6 years ago
Here are some guidelines for the ticket problem description: Provide your site address (URL and path) Is the server Apache or IIS? If the server is not SSL-enabled, can the server admin set ...
Himanshu Vijay 6 years ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Marks and Rank in IIT JEE

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details