• View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

what is selection criteria in iit?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Ankit

Ranking
Only those candidates who attempted both Paper-I and Paper-II will be considered for the ranking. Marks in Chemistry in JEE will be equal to marks in Chemistry section of Paper-I plus marks in Chemistry section of Paper-II. Similar procedure will be followed for Mathematics and Physics. The sum of the marks obtained in the individual subjects in JEE will be the aggregate mark for the candidate.
The average of the marks scored by all such candidates will be computed for each of the three subjects. These will be the Minimum Qualifying Marks for Ranking (MQMR) in the individual subjects.
Based on the MQMR in the individual subjects as well as the aggregate marks in the examination, a Common Merit List (CML) will be prepared without any relaxed criteria, such that the number of candidates in this list is equal to the total number of seats available in all the participating institutes put together. The aggregate marks scored by the last candidate in the CML will be the CML cut-off score (CCS).
Next, the merit list of the OBC candidates will be prepared. If the number of OBC candidates in the CML is equal to or more than 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats, then the OBC merit list will contain all these candidates.
In case the number of OBC candidates qualified in the CML is less than 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats, then relaxation (maximum of 10%) to the individual MQMR as well as to the CCS will be applied, and an OBC merit list will be prepared, in which the number of candidates will be at most 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats.
By applying 50% relaxation to the individual MQMR as well as to the CCS, separate merit list for SC, ST and PD candidates will be prepared. The number of candidates in each of these lists will be, at most 1.4 times the number of available seats in the respective categories.
While preparing the merit lists, if a candidate belongs to more than one category/ subcategory of relaxed norms, then he/she for the purpose of ranking shall be considered in all the categories in which he/she qualifies.
There will be no separate waiting list for candidates.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

My rank is AIR 148983 in OBCand 78% in boards,can i get admission in any nit?please provide atleast brief details of nit that i can get??

ya , ther are chance to get something in NITs for u, what is ur homestate

Prajwal Kavad 10 months ago

maharashtra

omkar 10 months ago
I am from TS Board Of Intermediate, I am expecting to get a score of 700 out of 1000 in my 12 th class. How much should i get in JEE MAINS and ADVANCE to get into an IIT (only IIT)?

Dear Student, I can not say you about the marks because the maximum marks for the JEE paper may vary. Like for 2014 each paper of advanced was of 180 marks but in 2015, it was carrying 240...
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago

Dear Student, For cutoff you may refer the below link. But for IIT you must target under 5000 Rank for getting branch of your choice. Thanks,
  img
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago

I am asking how much marks should i score? Not how much rank i should get. I am okay with whatever branch i get but it should only be in IIT

Jani Satwik one month ago
I am going to get 70 in jee mains and 450 in cbse boards whats my rank best options for cse

You will get rank in between 160000-180000.And with that you cannot get cse in any of the NITS................................................

Nikhil Upadhyay one month ago

i dont think you will get cse in top 10 nits..........................................................................................

jayesh one month ago
sir i got nit raipur ece .. what i have to do is this nit is good or i should go for second counselling..

It is also good. Regarding second counselling, this decision is totally depends upon you. Thanks
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago

After 4 year, it would be a good choice...stuck with it.....GOOD LUCK
  img
Saurabh Kumar 10 months ago
Will i get any branch in nit trichy or any other top nit`s for a jee main rank of 54649??...any course...i belong to tamil nadu...please can anyone answer soon??....i have to fill choices in...

It tough to get in NIT trichy and top NITs for your rank even for homestate preference. Go for normal preferential as ce ec ee mech civil etc in the following NITs which are in ranking order...
  img
Avinash 11 months ago

Your score does not seem to be much promising, not even at lower NITs, still you may try visiting at the official weblink of Jeemains to get your stature …....I have some other highly...

Ayushmaan Vardhan 10 months ago
Please tell me that how can i prepare for jee mains in remaining 10 days and provide me with study plan...

hello, first of all all the best for jee mains.you have to revision all the topics one by one.and remember logics when solving problems.and try to solve more and more problems,because it is ...

raj kumar one month ago

please refer to the link: http://www.askiitians.com/forums/AIEEE-Entrance-Exam/there-are-hardly-18-days-for-jee-main-2016-and-now_142538.htm thanx

SAHIL 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details

Get extra R 6,000 off