what is selection criteria in iit?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Ankit

Ranking
Only those candidates who attempted both Paper-I and Paper-II will be considered for the ranking. Marks in Chemistry in JEE will be equal to marks in Chemistry section of Paper-I plus marks in Chemistry section of Paper-II. Similar procedure will be followed for Mathematics and Physics. The sum of the marks obtained in the individual subjects in JEE will be the aggregate mark for the candidate.
The average of the marks scored by all such candidates will be computed for each of the three subjects. These will be the Minimum Qualifying Marks for Ranking (MQMR) in the individual subjects.
Based on the MQMR in the individual subjects as well as the aggregate marks in the examination, a Common Merit List (CML) will be prepared without any relaxed criteria, such that the number of candidates in this list is equal to the total number of seats available in all the participating institutes put together. The aggregate marks scored by the last candidate in the CML will be the CML cut-off score (CCS).
Next, the merit list of the OBC candidates will be prepared. If the number of OBC candidates in the CML is equal to or more than 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats, then the OBC merit list will contain all these candidates.
In case the number of OBC candidates qualified in the CML is less than 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats, then relaxation (maximum of 10%) to the individual MQMR as well as to the CCS will be applied, and an OBC merit list will be prepared, in which the number of candidates will be at most 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats.
By applying 50% relaxation to the individual MQMR as well as to the CCS, separate merit list for SC, ST and PD candidates will be prepared. The number of candidates in each of these lists will be, at most 1.4 times the number of available seats in the respective categories.
While preparing the merit lists, if a candidate belongs to more than one category/ subcategory of relaxed norms, then he/she for the purpose of ranking shall be considered in all the categories in which he/she qualifies.
There will be no separate waiting list for candidates.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Marks and Rank in IIT JEE

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If tan A = 2/3 find the value of (3sin A + 4 cos A)/ (3sin A – 4 cosA) (A) - 3 (B) - 4 (C) - 5 (D) none of these 8. sin2 1 + sin2 3 + sin2 5 + sin2 7 + ……… + sin2 89 =

Sin2 1 + sin2 3 + ... + sin2 45 + ... + sin2 87 + sin2 89 = sin2 1 + sin2 3 + ... + 1/2 + ... + sin2 (90-3) + sin2 (90-1) = sin2 1 + sin2 3 + ... + 1/2 + ... + cos2 87 + cos2 89 Grouping the...

Karthik J 9 months ago

(A) -3 (3sin A + 4 cos A)/ (3sin A – 4 cosA) Divide Numerator and Denominator by cos A to get: (3tan A + 4 )/ (3tan A – 4) Substitute the value of tan A to get the final answer as -3..

Karthik J 9 months ago

rationalise them and take 16 cos(square)A common from numerator and denominator and cancel out. now put the value of tanA

sheshmani sharma 9 months ago
Which rank i have to gain for getting a govt seat in any kerala govt college????

Hi, Visit the askiitians college and branch predictor to get an better idea of marks and ranks for specific branch and colleges. You can aslo have a look at last years opening and cloasing...
  img
Yash Baheti 3 months ago
Sir I`m Sajith AR I got 200 as my JEE Mains 2014 Score and 91% in CBSE Board Exam. Can I get a seat in NIT Calicut or any other

if you are having home state then you can get nit calicut in 2 counselling.you can try for other NIT.its only a prediction.lets hope best. thanks and regards sunil kr askIItian faculty
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

Thank you sir for responding... I`m from Kerala (NIT Calicut,Kerala) and I`m OBC-NCL Category... Can I get EEE or Computer Science in NIT Calicut or other... What are my chances in getting...

sajith A R 6 months ago

also what would be my expected rank....?

sajith A R 6 months ago
Sir.I am getting 183 marks in jee advanced 2014 and 95% in cbse. what rank should i expect?

Your expected rank in JEE Advance with 183 marks is near 3500. It is a good rank which will fetch you any branch in new IITs and less preferred branches in old IITs. THanks Bharat Bajaj IIT...
  img
bharat bajaj 5 months ago

your expected rank is 3400-3700.You can get the branch of your choice at any of the new IITs or textile technology at IIT Delhi.

AKSHAT BHANDARI 5 months ago
sir, is it possible to discontinue m.b.b.s. course from odisha govt. college after 1 year of admission to take m.b.b.s.course in jipmer next year ????

Hi Yes, it is possible to switch to any college even after 1 year of admission into other college provided you are able to clear the entrance exam and fulfill the criterai for gaining...
  img
Sumreet Johar 3 months ago
sir how to find dissociation in chemical eq? 2 if temperature does not change in a rection does it mean that there is no reaction

Dissociation in chemistry and biochemistry is a general process in which molecules (or ionic compounds such as salts, or complexes) separate or split into smaller particles such as atoms,...
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago
View all Questions »