Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   what is selection criteria in iit?

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Ankit

Ranking
Only those candidates who attempted both Paper-I and Paper-II will be considered for the ranking. Marks in Chemistry in JEE will be equal to marks in Chemistry section of Paper-I plus marks in Chemistry section of Paper-II. Similar procedure will be followed for Mathematics and Physics. The sum of the marks obtained in the individual subjects in JEE will be the aggregate mark for the candidate.
The average of the marks scored by all such candidates will be computed for each of the three subjects. These will be the Minimum Qualifying Marks for Ranking (MQMR) in the individual subjects.
Based on the MQMR in the individual subjects as well as the aggregate marks in the examination, a Common Merit List (CML) will be prepared without any relaxed criteria, such that the number of candidates in this list is equal to the total number of seats available in all the participating institutes put together. The aggregate marks scored by the last candidate in the CML will be the CML cut-off score (CCS).
Next, the merit list of the OBC candidates will be prepared. If the number of OBC candidates in the CML is equal to or more than 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats, then the OBC merit list will contain all these candidates.
In case the number of OBC candidates qualified in the CML is less than 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats, then relaxation (maximum of 10%) to the individual MQMR as well as to the CCS will be applied, and an OBC merit list will be prepared, in which the number of candidates will be at most 1.4 times the number of available OBC seats.
By applying 50% relaxation to the individual MQMR as well as to the CCS, separate merit list for SC, ST and PD candidates will be prepared. The number of candidates in each of these lists will be, at most 1.4 times the number of available seats in the respective categories.
While preparing the merit lists, if a candidate belongs to more than one category/ subcategory of relaxed norms, then he/she for the purpose of ranking shall be considered in all the categories in which he/she qualifies.
There will be no separate waiting list for candidates.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Marks and Rank in IIT JEE

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Dear sir, I got 75.4% in maharshtra board and got 78 marks in JEE main 2015 and i have OBC NCL category so can i get NIT?

Yes, you should check the cutoff list of your category and this will let you know the right answer to your query...otherwise I may suggest you to visit the official weblinks of some other...

Soneel Verma 20 days ago

ofcourse you can get nit but not in good ones(i mean top 5)

Prajwal Kavad 22 days ago

TRy it u can get some nits

Prajwal Kavad 20 days ago
i got 193 jee main and 93% in cbse ,my bitsat score is 305 and i also got computer science in vit, please tell me which college is best according my scores. i am in general category.

It all depends on your intrest on wh branch u want to go u cannot get core branches in BITS u will get a seat in NIT but u cannot expect cs ece eee in top nits to get good placement u can...

Nicho priyatham 22 days ago

bro plz have some patience and try for bits pilani coz u may surely get a good branch there after the waiting list, one friend of mine got the through d same and he got CSE in BITS pilani...

Prajwal Kavad 20 days ago

You may have pretty good chances to be seated in reputed colleges and institutions, I may recommend to try at Heritage Inst of tech, Kolkata Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara Azmet college...

Soneel Verma 20 days ago
Sir I scored 182 marks in Jee main and 94.4% in cbse board and secured 8870 rank in Jee advanced Where can I get seat? Can I get any IIT and in which branch?

Dear student, Pls check the opening and closing rank of IITs and branch that you want Thanks
  img
Nishant Vora 5 days ago
Plz explain Assembler , Compiler, interperter, nonprocedural language, structured software and object oriented software??

Assembler- A computer program that takes computer instructions and converts them into a pattern of bits that the computer can understand and perform by it certain operations. Compiler- This ...
  img
Navjyot Kalra 6 years ago
ALTSM AIIMS 22-2 Q-35

The solution is: Hope you understand the solution. Please approve if my answer is correct.

Adarsh one month ago

Correct answer is 4.

Adarsh one month ago
Which is better bits Goa cs or nit surathkal cs.

To draw a comparison between two equally competent institutions, it is always better to check out the intake of students in the yester years, the quality of education and the present graph...

Aniket Bagga 18 days ago

bits goa cs is far more better option than nit surathkal! though nit is a brand bits is the better one or else the best brand!something which can stand with iit or more than that if u dont...

Neeraja Outdare 20 days ago

nit surathkal cs. and it is a brand

grenade 22 days ago
View all Questions »