There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

I belong to SC category....I want admission in comp science in IIT bombay...what minimum marks should i score??if i want comp sci in any other IIT then how much minimum marks??would u suggest a particular study pattern for that??

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

I am not sure about SC category. But in general category, you should have AIR 1-60 for a more or less confirmed admission to any of the top IITs (D,B,K,M,Kgp). And in my opinion IITD has the best CS department.

Not beating around the bush, you have to be truly exceptional to be in CS. Since you are in SC category, maybe upto general rank 250 will also get you a seat in CS. Rank is what matters, not marks. Marks depends on the difficulty level of the paper, which keeps changing every year.

7 years ago

In iitb, the opening and closing ranks were 2 and 12 for SC category. in other iit's the ranks cn go upto 112. as the total marks and pattern of paper keeps on changing, so i guess you should concentrate more on rank rather than marks.

regarding your study pattern, just focus on clearing your basics and understand each and every concept thoroughly. practice as much problem as you can.

Course planning is essential in the sense ,that it can get you at the top in rank list.This planning should be done by the student in 11th class itself . From this year, a screening test is being conducted and so proper planning becomes all the more important.Have a look at all the topics and shortlist topics,and months wherein you plan to complete them.Finishing syllabus atleast a month before the exam is essential.The summer vacations in 12th class are the best time to finish a huge lot of syllabus.I can suggest the following course plan for students in 11th class.

JUNE TO OCTOBER : Mathematical concepts used in Physics, Basic mechanics, stoichiometry, general chemistry----atomic structure, chemical bonding, periodic table, algebra---number theory, quadratic equations, progressions.

OCTOBER TO JANUARY :Complete Mechanics, waves, Physical Chemistry--equilibrium, heat, kinetics, thermochemistry, electrolysis, algebra -----induction, complex numbers, trignometry.

JANUARY TO MAY : Heat, fluid mechanics, gravitation, Inorganic chemistry---properties and metallurgy of metals and non metals, gas laws, analytic geometry, permutations and combinations, binomial theorem.

MAY TO AUGUST : Electrostatics and electricity, electrochemistry, solutions, solids, qualitative analysis, transition metals, differentiation and integration.

AUGUST TO NOVEMBER : magnetism, optics, modern physics, organic chemistry, differential equations, probability, vectors.

By following this plan,course will be finished in time and revision can also done,to ensure maximum success in JEE.To maximize your potential you have to planned .My next topic tells you about certain important topics to which special interest should be given.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Marks and Rank in IIT JEE

I want to get 240 in jee mains what I should do and what books I should refer can you help me get into jee mains
Physics Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma - Volume 1 and Volume 2 Complete Physics for JEE Main 2016 by Irodov Chemistry NCERT books (only for Theory) IIT chemistry by O.P Tandon Complete...
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago
Sir if we take palcement packages and future prospects into consideration what would u suggest IIT Guwahati Civil , DTU cs , DTU mech
Go for DTU CS » IIT Guwahati CIVIL >>> DTU Mechanical...
Saurabh Kumar one year ago
DTU CS > IIT G > DTU Mech.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
I am an ICSE 10th standard student and I want to prepare for IIT JEE exams what should I prepare and how should I prepare
So lets see I started preparing for JEE from 10 th so I believ I can guide you pretty well 1) JEE follows CBSE board so you need to be aware of the syllabus 2) Being in 10 th class...
Riddhish Bhalodia 9 months ago
I m scoring 50 in advance and 114 in mains in this oBC category.. And 86.2 in CBSE board ..which IIT or nit can I get
Dear Student, this score does not ensure much better prospects still you must keep visiting the official websites of NITs to enquitre of your status there else you mau try seeking admission ...
Aneesh Sehgal 5 months ago
List of NIT u could easily get - Agartala, Bhopal, Calicut, Hamirpur, Jalandhar, Jamshedpur, Rourkela, Srinagar, Warangal List of IITs u could get - Guwahati, Ropar,...
Rahul Bothra 5 months ago
Hi sir can preparation without tusion in 7month the isat exam?.. Please help sir...
@ biswajit \ yes , for sure u can . but u have now less amount of time left and u have to do the maximum use of your time to get the desired college . what generally tution teacher are...
Umakant biswal one month ago
SAHIL one month ago
Not possible.....ok.......forget iit...... ha ha ha..
nahshshsb one month ago
Tell me about Askiitians Foundation Courses for IITJEE
<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other;...
AskiitiansExpert Milanshu 7 years ago
Sir,what is the best biology book for practice for neet ?
@ rupam frst of all for clearing of neet , all the ncert content of class 11 th and 12 th should be on your mind , ncert will be the first book to study and follow . and after that do folow ...
Umakant biswal 22 days ago
Do from NCERT Class 11 and 12. Along with that dont forget to do ncert exemplers. 60% of questions from exemplers. Then study last year question papers to get the idea of paper. Thats it.
Shreyas Patil 15 days ago
READ THIS BEFORE YOU TAKE ADMISSION IN VIT Hello! If you’re reading this you have most probably decided to take admission in VIT or you are considering it. Well this is meant to help you...
Vit s making a private world. In there having lot of positive equals to lot negative. So u have to choose which is best of ur life.If u want to gain knowledge, skills means vit s one f the...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Marks and Rank in IIT JEE

Ask Experts