Hello.. I am Sherfin from Cochin and currently studying in 11th standard.I want to prepare for JEE 2012 .But it is not practical for me to take special IIT coaching.I'm good at studies and have chosen self study.The books suggestes by http://iitjee.org/ are.. Physics MECHANICS Physics by H.C. Verma Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov Resnick and Halliday ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM Resnick and Halliday Circuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov OPTICS Physics by H.C. Verma MODERN PHYSICS Physics by H.C. Verma Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov HEAT AND WAVES Physics by H.C. Verma Resnick and Halliday Chemistry ORGANIC CHEMISTRY Morrison & Boyd Solutions to Morrison Boyd Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar Chawla INORGANIC CHEMISTRY NCERT Inorganic Chemistry Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal GENERAL CHEMISTRY J.D. Lee O.P. Aggarwal R.C.Mukerjee Maths ALGEBRA High school mathematics by Hall and Knight IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna CALCULUS amp; ANALYTIC GEOMETRY G.N.Berman Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney Coordinate geometry by Loney IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna I.A.Maron VECTORS IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna I understand i've got to get this all ,but what i dont understand is, In which standard should I buy each of these books ? when should i learn each of those topics? Are these the latest books available ? or are these outdated ? please provide me with sifficient information and support. I'll be ever thankful. Thanks in advance

Hello.. I am Sherfin from Cochin and currently studying in 11th standard.I want to prepare for JEE 2012 .But it is not practical for me to take special IIT  coaching.I'm  good at studies and have chosen self study.The books suggestes by http://iitjee.org/ are..

Physics

• MECHANICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

• Resnick and Halliday

• ELECRICITY AND MAGNETISM

• Resnick and Halliday

• Circuits devices and systems by R.J. Smith
    • Problems in physics by I.E. Irodov

• OPTICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• MODERN PHYSICS

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Problems in Physics by I.E. Irodov

• HEAT AND WAVES

• Physics by H.C. Verma

• Resnick and Halliday

Chemistry

• ORGANIC CHEMISTRY

• Morrison & Boyd

• Solutions to Morrison Boyd

• Reaction mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Parmar  Chawla

• INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

• NCERT Inorganic Chemistry

• Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee

• IIT Chemistry by O.P. Aggarwal

• GENERAL CHEMISTRY

• J.D. Lee

• O.P. Aggarwal

• R.C.Mukerjee

Maths

• ALGEBRA

• High school mathematics by Hall and Knight

• IIT Maths by M.L. Khanna

• CALCULUS amp; ANALYTIC GEOMETRY

• G.N.Berman

• Calculus and analytic geometry by Thomas and Finney

• Coordinate geometry by Loney

• I.A.Maron

• VECTORS

I understand i've got to get this all ,but what i dont understand is, In which standard should I buy each of these books ? when should i learn each of those topics?

Are these the latest books available ? or are these outdated ? please provide me with sifficient information and support.

I'll be ever thankful.

Thanks in advance

Grade:11

1 Answers

umesh chandrakant shah
36 Points
13 years ago

Dear Sherfin,

For 100% cracking IIT-2012 you will have to start asap.

The books you referred are well known and are sufficiet to crack IIT. It is the concept that matters much.

Involve yourself totally for IIT rather than 11th & 12th.

Remove your misconcepts asap.

plan your study with zeal & confidence.

please bear in mind that practice makes the man perfect.

Try to finish all your IIT syllebi by oct-2011.

Revise the complete syllebi by jan-2012.

practice to write papers as much as possible.

Any distance learnig course would be of great help to you.

Best of Luck for IIT-2012 in advance.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free