Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 560 off
USE CODE: MOB20

Consider a hollow cylinder. The inner radius r1=1 and the

outer radius r2=2. Assume the cylinder has a current of I ampere flowing through it.
a. Derive an expression for the magnetic field in the hollow part of the cylinder i.e.
for rb. Derive an expression for the magnetic field between r1 and r2, i.e. for r1c. Derive an expression for the magnetic field outside the cylinder, i.e. for r>r2.

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Magnetism

An electron and proton enter a magnetic field perpendicularly. Both have same kinetic energy. Which of the following is true? · ( A ) Trajectory of electron is less curved ( B ) Trajectory...

Here, less curved just means that radius is very high. Given that Kinetic energy is same.. => 1/2*mv 2 = K (say) with some rearrangement, v = (2K/m) 1/2 …. => m*v = (2km) ½.… Now, radius r...

Gopal Gopakumar 2 months ago
what are the uses of the magnets?

magnet is used in many things, they are it is used in speakers,leviate the tracks in railway,cameras and to move cars or large iron vehicles one place to another place etc...

LALAM RAJESH 10 months ago
what is magnetic field?

A magnetic field is the magnetic effect of electric currents and magnetic materials. The magnetic field at any given point is specified by both a direction and a magnitude (or strength); as ...

SHANMUKESHWAR 10 months ago

A magnetic field is the magnetic effect of electric currents and magnetic materials. The magnetic field at any given point is specified by both a direction and a magnitude (or strength); as ...

R.GANGARAJU 10 months ago

L GOUSE BASHA 10 months ago
The greatest acceleration or deacceleration train may have is d find minimum time in which train may reach from one station to another station separated by a distance d is

d = ut + 0.5dt^2 Differentiate t w.r.t d then, 1 = udt/dd +d*t*dt/dd dt/dd(u+t*d) = 1 dt/dd = 1/(u + t*d) 1/(u+td) = 0 when t tends to infinity.

Vikas TU 3 days ago
What is wave fronts?

The locus of all points which is in the same phase is called wave fronts.

Gavvala Ganesh 10 months ago

The locus of all points which is in the same phase is called wave fronts. 15 hours ago

KARTHIK 10 months ago

a surface containing points affected in the same way by a wave at a given time.

venky 10 months ago
Please see the attachment for my question

i think the answer should be that the volume of the gas will increase as it is given that I think you were confused because from boyle’s law but this condition is only valid for constant...

arun 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 520 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 560 off