Consider a hollow cylinder. The inner radius r1=1 and the

outer radius r2=2. Assume the cylinder has a current of I ampere flowing through it.
a. Derive an expression for the magnetic field in the hollow part of the cylinder i.e.
for rb. Derive an expression for the magnetic field between r1 and r2, i.e. for r1c. Derive an expression for the magnetic field outside the cylinder, i.e. for r>r2.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Magnetism

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
important about this chapter

I am not able to interpret your query. Please write down the problem clearly so that I can provide you the meaningful answer. Thanks and Regards Apoorva Arora IIT Roorkee askIITians Faculty
  img
Apoorva Arora 4 months ago
what is magnetic moment

u=ia

mohit yadav one year ago

The magnetic moment of a magnet is a quantity that determines the force that the magnet can exert on electric currents and the torque that a magnetic field will exert on it. A loop of...

VEERU YERRAYYA one year ago

The property of a magnet that interacts with an applied field to give a mechanical moment.and The magnetic moment of a magnet is a quantity that determines the force that the magnet can...

sohel mohammad one year ago
sir please show the derivation for toque acting on bar magnet in non unicorm magnetic filed.

The torque acting on a bar magnet in a non-uniform magnetic field is the same as for that of a uniform magnetic field. This can be explained by taking an example of a current carrying loop....
  img
Apoorva Arora 4 months ago
what is emf?

E.M.F is itself represented as Electrom Motive Force.In it''s name teaches us a good meaning.Actuallyy in a current conducting material there are already free electrons tend to flow. So that...

VAMSIKRISHNA NELLI one year ago

Electromotive force , also called emf (denoted and measured in volts refers to voltage generated by a battery or by the magnetic force according to Faraday''s Law , which states that a time...

venkatesh kosuri one year ago
A cylinder of mass 1 kg is given heat of 20000J at atmospheric pressure. If initially temperature of cylinder is 200C, find (b) work done by the cylinder.

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 3 months ago
A ball moving with speed 12m/s is hit with a bat and turned back and now moves with speed 20m/s. The change happens in 0.01s. Find the impulse.

impulse = change in momentum divided by time taken for change = (12 – ( – 20))m / 0.01 = 32 m/ 0.01 = 3200m N m is the mass of ball here you will notic ethat why i have put a negative sign...

Kaustubh Nayyar 15 days ago

Thank you.

Aneesh 15 days ago
View all Questions »