Consider a hollow cylinder. The inner radius r1=1 and the

outer radius r2=2. Assume the cylinder has a current of I ampere flowing through it.
a. Derive an expression for the magnetic field in the hollow part of the cylinder i.e.
for rb. Derive an expression for the magnetic field between r1 and r2, i.e. for r1c. Derive an expression for the magnetic field outside the cylinder, i.e. for r>r2.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Magnetism

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
How the eddy current loss is proportional to square of the thickness of lamination?

The eddy current loss in a transformer if proportional to the square of the thickness of lamination and square of the frequency of current passing through it. Energy losses are due to eddy...
  img
Vasantha Kumari 5 months ago
plz explain the working principle of galvanometer?

Galvanometer is an electromechanical instrument which is used for the detection of electric currents through electric circuits. Being a sensitive instrument, Galvanometer can not be used for...
  img
Nirmal Singh. 4 months ago
what is magnetism

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Magnetism ,phenomenon associated with the motion of electric charges . This motion can take many forms. It can be an electric current in a...
  img
Mukesh Sharma 6 months ago
A convex lens of power 5d is fell into glass contaning water upto 10cm. Find net power of the lens.

Hello Student, ‘ P= Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 21 days ago
A voltmeter has a resistance G and range V. Calculate the resistance to be used to extend its range to nV.

To extend the range of a voltmeter we add a resistance of more value in series with the meter. value of added resistance(shunt) R s =R m +V'/I m Here V' is the new range, R m is resistance...
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago

The we require n resistance so , total resistance is nG
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
glass is reflecting light waves but it is not reflecting the water if water fall on it. why?

water is reflected but its not so much dominant . hence we cannot see reflected water. but in case of light we can see the reflected light. Thanks & Regards Mukesh Sharma askIITians...
  img
Mukesh Sharma 5 months ago

edfed
  img
Mukesh Sharma 5 months ago
View all Questions »