Consider a hollow cylinder. The inner radius r1=1 and the

outer radius r2=2. Assume the cylinder has a current of I ampere flowing through it.
a. Derive an expression for the magnetic field in the hollow part of the cylinder i.e.
for rb. Derive an expression for the magnetic field between r1 and r2, i.e. for r1c. Derive an expression for the magnetic field outside the cylinder, i.e. for r>r2.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Magnetism

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
How is magnetism induced in a current carrying conductor due tothe spin of an electron?

the moving electron can be considered as a current and current causes the magnetic field.
  img
Sher Mohammad 5 months ago
How a particle is placed in a cyclotron?

The Particles are from a source. The source could be a tank of helium or hydrogen gas or whatever you need source could also be a solid that is heated , I believe so that you will have...

Ashwin 2 months ago
what exactly does potential drop mean and how does it help or work in order to find the current in a circuit??? please say it with a circuit diagram

Wires carrying current always have inherent resistance, or impedance, to current flow. Voltage drop is defined as the amount of voltage loss that occurs through all or part of a circuit due...
  img
Nirmal Singh. 8 months ago

light has particles of photons.The big difference between electric and magnetic fields is that (as far as we know) there are no isolated magnetic charges. If there were isolated magnetic...
  img
Nirmal Singh. 8 months ago
In a Transformer,,, Why is the back emf in the primary coil equal to the voltage supplied to the Primary coil

If you apply kirchfoff's voltage law to the primary coil of the transformer, you get the back emf equal to supplied voltage. Actually it is not equal, it is a little less than supplied...
  img
Sher Mohammad 5 months ago
A particle moves in a circle of radius 20 cm with a linear speed of 10 m/s . Find the angular velocity.

As we know that v=wr,where v is the linear velocity w is the angular velocity r is the radius of the circular path So the angular velocity is
  img
Apoorva Arora 3 months ago

Dear student, The angular velocity is given by: Regards Sumit
  img
Sumit Majumdar 3 months ago
View all Questions »