Consider a hollow cylinder. The inner radius r1=1 and the

outer radius r2=2. Assume the cylinder has a current of I ampere flowing through it.
a. Derive an expression for the magnetic field in the hollow part of the cylinder i.e.
for rb. Derive an expression for the magnetic field between r1 and r2, i.e. for r1c. Derive an expression for the magnetic field outside the cylinder, i.e. for r>r2.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Magnetism

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
sir please show the derivation for toque acting on bar magnet in non unicorm magnetic filed.

The torque acting on a bar magnet in a non-uniform magnetic field is the same as for that of a uniform magnetic field. This can be explained by taking an example of a current carrying loop....
  img
Apoorva Arora 7 months ago
is magnetic field inside a conductor 0?

For a perfect conductor both magnetic and electric field inside a conductor vanishes.

Mostafijur Rahaman one month ago

For a perfect conductor both magnetic and electric field inside a conductor vanishes.

Mostafijur Rahaman one month ago
what willbe the magnetic field at the center of a current carrying circular coil carrying current I . and why?

since magnetic field at any point P on the axis of circular current carring coil is B = ( µ 0 iR 2) / (2[R 2 + X 2 ] 3/2) where R :- Radius of coil i = current x = sepration of point from...

Ashwin 4 months ago
what is the meaning of coherent waves?

two waves which differ only by a small phase difference is called cohernt waves

rishabh one year ago
The nos of silicon atoms / m^3is 5 * 10 ^28 , this is doped simultaneously with 5 * 10^22 atoms/m^3 of Arsenic and 5*10^20 per m^3 of Indium Calculate the nos of holes and electron Given n i...

Under thermal equilibrium the product of free negative and positive charge concentrations is constant quantity given by nenh=ni^2. Arsenic is an n type impurity and Indium is a p type...

Pushkar Aditya 11 months ago
what is difference in thermo of phy and chem

Thermo-Physics : Thermal physics is the combined study of thermodynamics, statistical mechanics, and kinetic theory. This umbrella-subject is typically designed for physics students and...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 2 months ago
View all Questions »