There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details
Get extra R 700 off

A metal rod 1.5 m long rotates about its one end in a vertical plane at right angles to the magnetic meridian. If the frequency of rotation is 20 rev/s. Find the emf induced between the ends of rod.

BH = 0.32 ´ 10-4T: Horizontal component of earth’s magnetic field.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear aakash,

The given information is as follows:

Length of rod     = 1.5 mt.

Frequency of rotation    = 20 rev/sec.

BH = 0.32 * 10-4 T

Angular velocity of rod = 20 * 2∏ rad/sec.

emf induced = B*dA/dt = 0.32*10-4 *20*∏*(1.5)2.

Therefore horizontal component of the earth's magnetic feild is  =  4.5 * 10-3 V. provides online iit jee courses and IIT JEE Test Series with IITians. Click here to get free online test series and check your status timely or you can join us as our registered user for getting best iit jee study material or iit jee test series.

Click here to find IIT JEE Packages or course details with askIITians.

for further details visit the folowing links:

Askiitians provide you all the best possible information, feel free to ask.

all the best.

thanks and regards.

Akhilesh Shukla

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Magnetism

magnetic field is the center of the circular coil of radius 42cm..that has 100 turns is
Dear Sai kumar Radius, R=42*10^-2 Magnetic field, B=37.2 turns=100 B=4*3.14*I*100/2*42*10^-2 B=I*0.149*10^-3 I=37.2/0.149*10^-3 I=2.49*10^5A
Prabhakar ch 10 months ago
radius=42*10^-2 B=37.2 turns=100 B=4*3.14*I*100/2*42*10^-2 B=I*0.149*10^-3 I=37.2/0.149*10^-3 I=2.49*10^5A
SHANMUKESHWAR 10 months ago
The S.I unit of magnetic field induction?
Weber/m 2
SAIMANIKANTA one year ago
Weber/m 2 is the unit of the magnetic field induction. And Electromagnetic induction is the production of an electromotive force across a conductor exposed to time varying magnetic fields....
SAI SANDY 10 months ago
Dear Kajal, The S.I. unit of Magnetic field induction is Weber/Meter 2 .And it from the formula of magnetid field induction.
SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
is spherical magnets possible? if yes then how to tell which pole is north or south
The magnet can have a spherical shape but the repartition of the magnetic pole is not spherical.A good example is Earth which has magnetic poles. The north and south pole of a spherical...
somprasad 3 months ago
What is physical optics?
The branch of optics which deals wave behavioure of light.
Gavvala Ganesh one year ago
L GOUSE BASHA one year ago
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
The sum of magnitudes of two forces acting at a point is 16N. If the resultant force is 8N and its direction is perpendicular to smaller force,then the forces are:- (A)6N and 10N, (B)8N and...
Let the force be A and B, then the given condittions are: |A| + |B| = 16.......................(1) and |A|^2 + |B|^2 + 2ABcosthetha = 64..........................(2) and let B be the...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
A(vector)+B(vector)=R(vector) |A|+|B|=16 Since resultant is perpendicular to smaller force R*R+A*A=B*B (Traingle Law of Addition and PYTHAGORES theor m) 64+ A*A=B*B Option a satisfies this...
Atin Vikram Singh 3 months ago
In a horizontal circular motion is mg taken into consideration?
Well , in horizontal motion most of the times force mg is balanced by normal reaction. This normal reaction is mostly perpendicular to centripetal force so it doesnt play any role. But if...
Manas Shukla 11 days ago
Yes it is taken into consideration. All the forces acting on the body are taken into consideration when solving any type of problem unless stated otherwise.
Manas Shukla 14 days ago
So do you mean that mg is always taken into consideration? Both in vertical and horizontal circular motions???
Arin Som 14 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete Physics Course - Class 12
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,600
  • View Details
Get extra R 650 off

• Complete Physics Course - Class 11
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 2,800
  • View Details

Get extra R 700 off

More Questions On Magnetism

Ask Experts