Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

A curve is such that the length of the polar radius of any pt. on the curve is equal to length of tangent at this pt.. Form diff. eqn. and find the curve ?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Mayank

let a point on the curve is (x,y)

length of polar radius  r = √x2+y2

length of tangent  = [y√{1+(dy/dx)2} ]/(dy/dx) 

so   [y√{1+(dy/dx)2} ]/(dy/dx)  = √x2+y2

square and simplyfy

dx/x = ±dy/dx

lnx  =± lny  +lnC

+ve sign

-ve sign

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Integral Calculus

prove that integration of 1/x is logx. how should i prove that..
this is based on knowledge of 1/x is of the form of x**-1.differntiation in a nutshell is the opposite of integration. so as d/dx of ln(x) is 1/x.hence integral of 1/x is...
parchan 6 months ago
What is the integration x^3×cosx^3dxPlease give me the answer
write x^3×cosx^3dx as: x*x^2*cosx^3dx => let x^2 = u 2xdx = du I = u*cos(u^(3/2)) Apply now by – part easily then after substitute u in the end.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
The area of loop of the curve ay^2=x^2(a-x) is 15a^2/p,then p=?
Hii try to divide it along any line passing through centre and then do the double integration of figure with respect to x and y . You will get answer in this case by this method
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
consider the points A(0,1) and B(2,0) and p be a point on the line 4x+3y+9=0 .what are the coordinates of P such that |PA-PB| is maximum.
Writing the P coordinates in parametric form that is in terms of x and y respectively, we get, P (x , (4x – 9)/3) Distance PA => root(x^2 + ((4x – 12)/3)^2) Distance PB = > root( (x-2)^2 +...
Vikas TU 20 days ago
number of ways we can arrange 1,2,3,4,...8 such that the product of any five consecutive position is divisible by 5
If 5 is placed in the 4 th or 5 th place, then the product of any 5 consecutively placed numbers will be divisible by 5. So, for 5, we have two choices of placement, and corresponding to...
mycroft holmes 2 months ago
Hint: First find out the possible ways of product of five numbers havinng last digit 0 or 5 . u will have to check this first. then find the consecutiveness order .
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Please clear my confusion about find value of tan7.5 °.
Yaa... tan15°=2tan7.5°∕1-tan²7.5° ⇒2-√3=2tan7.5°/1-tan²7.5° . By solving this eq i got value of tan7.5°= (√2-1)(2+√3) . But Ans is (√3-√2)(√2-1). How?
ANKIT ANAND one month ago
What`s your confusion with tan7.5° .Kindly elaborate that where you have stuck?.If you will elaborate then I can help you better.
Sagar Gupta one month ago
@ ankit u have to apply the following formula sin ( a/2 ) = [(1-cosa)/2] ^ ½ cos a/2 = [(1+cosa)/2] ^ ½ tan 2a = [2 tan a ] / [1+tan square (a) ] answer is = root6-root3 +(root 2 ) -2 HOPE...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn