Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find the values of a for which the function f (x) = cos x - sin x + ax + b is decreasing.

f(x) = cos x - sin x + ax + b df/dx = -sin x -cos x + a For function to be decreasing, df/dx<0 Hence, -sinx - cosx +a <0 sinx + cosx>a or root(2) sin (x+pi/4) > a sin (x + pi/4)...
  img
bharat bajaj 4 months ago

f(x) = cos x - sin x + ax + b df/dx = -sin x -cos x + a For function to be decreasing, df/dx<0 Hence, -sinx - cosx +a <0 sinx + cosx>a or root(2) sin (x+pi/4) > a sin (x + pi/4)...
  img
bharat bajaj 4 months ago

f'(x)=-sinx-cox+a minimum of -sinx-cosx= -sqrt(2)=-1.4 f'(x)>a-1.4 f'(x)>0 a-1.4>=0 a belongs to(1.4, inf) Sher Mohammad B.tech, IIT Delhi
  img
Sher Mohammad 4 months ago
Please solve this ∫e x tanx(1-2sec 2 x) dx I am waiting for your reply

Ans:Hello student, please find answer to your question
  img
Jitender Singh 8 days ago
what is the integration of (sin -1 x) 2?

?(sin -1 x) 2 dx put sin -1 x=t => x=sint dx=cost dt ?t 2 costdt =t 2 sint-?2t.sintdt =t 2 sint-2[-tcost+?costdt] =t 2 sint+2tcost-2sint +C =(sin -1 x) 2 x+2sin -1 xv(1-x 2 )-2x+ C Thanks...
  img
Rinkoo Gupta one month ago
efbs

Ans: For maxima: when Maximum value: Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
Jitender Singh 25 days ago
If the pth and qth terms of an AP be a and b respectively, show that the sum of the first (p+q) terms of the AP is (p+q)/2{a+b+(a-b/p-q)}

Hello Student, Now its obvious. Substitute the values to get the answer. Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 22 days ago
FIND THE MAXIMUM AND MINIMUM VALUE OF COSEC 2 x + SIN 2 x

hi abhisek AM>= G.M is a very important inequality you must know although i am sending the solution PFA YOU CAN ALSO JOIN ASKIITIANS FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE We help you in your IIT JEE...

jitender lakhanpal 11 months ago

hi abhisek value of sin^2x + cos^2 x = 1 i.e constant so it''s min and max value is 1 only We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. Now you can win by answering...

jitender lakhanpal 11 months ago

hi abhisek minimum value is 2 we can find that by AM > = G M inequality and max value will be + infinity at x = 0 the range of this expression is [ 2 , infinity [ at x = 90 deg and x = 0...

jitender lakhanpal one year ago
View all Questions »