DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

Area bouned by the region [x]^2=[y]^2 of x belongs to [1,5] (where [.] denotes the greatest integer function)

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Debadutta,

Let 1≤x<2. So [x] = 1.

And [y]^2 = 1 or [y] = ± 1.

means 1≤y<2 or -1≤y<0.

So in this region you will have two squares each of area 1 unit.

So when 1≤x<2 the area will be 2 sq units.

Similarly when 2≤x<3 the area = 2 sq untis

And 3≤x<4, area = 2 sq untis.

and 4≤x<5, area = 2 sq units.

So total area in the region would be 2+2+2+2 = 8 sq untis.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

what is the antiderivative of sinx

anti derivative means integration and its value equals theta1 theta2 ∫sinx.dx = -cos(theta1-theta2) +c approve if useful

grenade 3 months ago

-COSX

noogler 3 months ago
Q . LET F 1 AND F 2 ARE THE FOCI OF THE ELLIPSE - 4x 2 + 9y 2 = 36 AND ‘P’ IS A POINT ON THE ELIPSE SUCH THAT - PF 1 = 2PF 2 , THEN THE AREA OF THE TRIANGLE PF 1 F 2 IS ?

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below 4x 2 + 9y 2 = 36 By the definition of ellipse, PF 1 + PF 2 = 2a a = 3 PF 1 + PF 2 = 6 PF 1 = 2PF 2 PF 2 = 2 PF 1 = 4 F 1 F 2 can...
  img
Jitender Singh 10 months ago

sir please answer other problems too.......i have tried them multiple times.......atleast provide the hints

Bharat Makkar 10 months ago

thank you sir......

Bharat Makkar 10 months ago
if y(x-y) 2 = then ∫( 1/x-3y)dx=

check your question y(x-y)^2 =?what?

ajay one month ago
In the figure given below, ABCDEF is a regular hexagon of side length 1, AFPS and ABQR are squares.Then the ratio Area (APQ)/ Area (SRP) equals

length of AP and AQ is as these are diagonals of square with side 1. Since AP and AQ are diagonals of square ASPF and ABQR respectively Also, due to hexagon property, angle between adjacent...
  img
Sandeep Pathak 11 months ago

Notice length of AP = = length of AQ. Also note and length of SR = length of SP = 1. so the two triangles are iscosceles with same angle between the equal sides. So the ratio of areas is...
  img
Sandeep Pathak 11 months ago

Sir , can you explain this answer with more steps.

Vineeth 11 months ago
Two sides rhombus ABCD are parallel to the lines y=x+2 and y=7x+3.if the diagonals of the rhombus intersect at the point(1,2)& the vertex A is on yhe y axis,find the possible coordinates of ...

The answer should be c=0,2.5 Assume A(0,c). Now opposite sides in rhombus are parallel and all sides are equal length. Or to check if a quardilateral is rhombus, it is sufficient to show...

Akshay one month ago

Alternative solutions will be to use vectors, Let A(0,c). Assume side length=d. AC will be = (1-0) i +(2-c) j, Line AD can be in 1 st or 2 nd quardent, Point B = (0 i + c j) + d/rt(2) * (i...

Akshay one month ago
what is nine point circle

i do think it is not related to jee syllabus

grenade 2 months ago

The nine-point circle, also called Euler's circle or the Feuerbach circle, is the circle that passes through the perpendicular feet H_A, H_B, and H_C dropped from the vertices of any...

grenade 2 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details