Area bouned by the region [x]^2=[y]^2 of x belongs to [1,5] (where [.] denotes the greatest integer function)

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Debadutta,

Let 1≤x<2. So [x] = 1.

And [y]^2 = 1 or [y] = ± 1.

means 1≤y<2 or -1≤y<0.

So in this region you will have two squares each of area 1 unit.

So when 1≤x<2 the area will be 2 sq units.

Similarly when 2≤x<3 the area = 2 sq untis

And 3≤x<4, area = 2 sq untis.

and 4≤x<5, area = 2 sq units.

So total area in the region would be 2+2+2+2 = 8 sq untis.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Q . THE AREA ENCLOSED BETWEEN THE CURVES - y = ln ( x + e ) and x = ln ( 1/y ) AND X-AXIS.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Intersect x-axis at (1-e, 0) & y-axis at (0, 1) Intersect y-axis at (0, 1). Area A b/w two curves is:
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago

thanks sir......and happy diwali.......

bharat makkar one month ago
Q . PLEASE INTEGRATE THE FUNCTION WHOSE PIC IS ATTACHED.....

divide num and denom. by x^2, then substitute ax + b/x = t.

Nihal Raj one month ago

divide num and denom. by x^2, then substitute ax + b/x = t.

Nihal Raj one month ago

thanks

bharat makkar one month ago
integration root cos2A/sinA=

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago
can anyone tell why dont anyone want to solve my problem if there is any problem in graphics then i can upload another pic............. please explain fully ….if it has 0/0 form …..then...

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Forget the 0/0 form if that making you damn confusing. I am solving this by standard method. And remember L’Hospital is a...
  img
Jitender Singh 4 months ago
Two consecutive sides of a parallelgrm are 4x+5y=0 and 7x+2y=0. If the eqn of one of the diagonals is 11x+7y=9 find eqn of other diagonal.

Solve the 2 side eqns to get the point of intersection. Check if this point lies on the diagonals whose eqn is given. If yes, then this diagonal emerges from the point if intersection. If...
  img
Ravi 15 days ago

Solve the 2 side eqns to get the point of intersection. Check if this point lies on the diagonals whose eqn is given. If yes, then this diagonal emerges from the point if intersection. If...
  img
Ravi 15 days ago

img
Ravi 15 days ago
Please tell how they calculate it sir please see attachment please

attachement is not visible, please write the quesion on forum , otherwise not possible to help you.
  img
Sher Mohammad 5 months ago

=5 +n/1 + n(n-1) / 2! + ….....+ n!/n! next step I want to understand (1+1)^n + 4 = 2^n + 4

milind 5 months ago
View all Questions »