ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

the value of integrand limit [0 to [x]] {x-[x]}dx (where [.] denotes greatest integer function.

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Arun Kumar
IIT Delhi
Askiitians Faculty
one year ago

x-[x] is periodic with period 1. therefore, ?0[x]x-[x] dx = [x]?01x-[x] dx =[x]/2
we can get integral of x-[x] within limits 0 and 1 using method of areas as ½.
Therefore the answer is [x]/2
one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Q . PLEASE HELP IN EVALUATING THE GIVEN PROBLEM OF LIMIT AS A SUM.......

Hi Student The problem is not visible. Please post it again and limit as a sum is just conversion of integration to summation form. I will be able to explain more properly if you post the...
  img
Harsh Patodia 8 months ago

please answer rest of the problems posted …....

Bharat Makkar 8 months ago
Plz. and this ques....

Hii the answer is -0.151697 . Use by parts and then apply the substitution to get to the answer. Thanks
  img
Sourabh Singh 7 months ago

ya substitution was sinX = t

Nihal Raj 7 months ago
3 ∫ 0 ( x + 4) dx

Ans:- 3 ∫ 0 (x+4)dx =[(x 2 /2)+4x] 0 3 =[(3 2 /2)+4(3)] =[(9/2)+12] =(9+24)/2 =33/2

Anusha 8 months ago
can we say that tan pi/8=sinpi/8//cospi/8

yes , why not why do you think that it may not be so??

Kaustubh Nayyar 8 months ago

tan pi/2 = (tan pi/4 + tan pi/4)/ (1 – tan pi/4. tan pi/4) this is considered as not defined also sin pi/2 / cos pi/2 is considered not defined any trignometric ratio with denomitor zero is ...

Kaustubh Nayyar 8 months ago

how can we furthur solve using this method and find the value ?actually my teacher in scool told that this is wrong when i wrote it in exam?

ash jai 8 months ago
If the coordinates of avariable point P be (acostheta,bsintheta) whre theta is variable quantity , find the locus of P.

by eleminating teta we get (x/a)2+(y/b) 2 =1 which is an ELLIPSE plz approve if useful

Nicho priyatham 19 days ago
SINA+SIN3A+SIN5A+SIN7A

And if you want the answer here it is: sinA + sin5A + sin3A + sin7A = (sinA + sin7A) + (sin5A + sin3A) After rearranging the terms use identity 1 from the above post, = 2 sin 4A cos 3A + 2...

Athiyaman 10 days ago

Hey Manideep, the answer should be 16 sinA.cos 2 2A.cos 2 A you will have to use these 3 formulas in order to get the answer: 1)sinA+sinB=2sin(A+B)/2.cos(A-B)/2...

Athiyaman 10 days ago

http://www.askiitians.com/forums/Trigonometry/sina-sin3a-sin5a-sin7a_125330.htm

Lab Bhattacharjee 7 days ago
View all Questions »