ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

the value of integrand limit [0 to [x]] {x-[x]}dx (where [.] denotes greatest integer function.

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Arun Kumar
IIT Delhi
Askiitians Faculty
one year ago

x-[x] is periodic with period 1. therefore, ?0[x]x-[x] dx = [x]?01x-[x] dx =[x]/2
we can get integral of x-[x] within limits 0 and 1 using method of areas as ½.
Therefore the answer is [x]/2
one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Q . THE AREA ENCLOSED BETWEEN THE CURVES - y = ln ( x + e ) and x = ln ( 1/y ) AND X-AXIS.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Intersect x-axis at (1-e, 0) & y-axis at (0, 1) Intersect y-axis at (0, 1). Area A b/w two curves is:
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago

thanks sir......and happy diwali.......

Bharat Makkar 7 months ago
hi in numerator it is e raise to power modulus of x ...please help ….i posted ….......last time i posted this quetion …..at that time i called e raise to power integral part which is wrong...

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below So, range of f(x) varies from -1 to 1 (both exclusive). But the co-domain is R. So f(x) is into function. (Function is onto when...
  img
Jitender Singh 8 months ago
evaluate the following integral ∫ 1 – sin 2x / x + cos^2 (x) dx

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 8 months ago
How is the magnitude of the scalar triple product is the volume of a parallelopiped formed by adjacent sides given by the three vectors a , b and c . (The bold letters represent vectors)

Hi, When you do AxB, it represents the area of a parallelogram, i.e. a two dimensional figure. But when we take its dot product with the third vector , that means we are taking the component...
  img
Yash Baheti 6 months ago
wat are asymptotes?

Asymptotes are tangents to a hyperbola which never really touch it or mathematically u can say touch it at infinity Asymptotes are very imp from jee pt of view so do it very nicely good luck...

needhelp 10 months ago
what is meant by ccontunity of functions

Ans: Continuity of a function at a given point means that it should exist at the given point & left hand limit & right hand limit should exist & equal to each other &...
  img
Jitender Singh 10 months ago
View all Questions »