the value of integrand limit [0 to [x]] {x-[x]}dx (where [.] denotes greatest integer function.

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

Arun Kumar
IIT Delhi
Askiitians Faculty
6 months ago

x-[x] is periodic with period 1. therefore, ?0[x]x-[x] dx = [x]?01x-[x] dx =[x]/2
we can get integral of x-[x] within limits 0 and 1 using method of areas as ½.
Therefore the answer is [x]/2
6 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
evaluate the following integral ∫ cos x / cos(x – a) dx

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
evaluate the following integral ∫ sin(x – alpha) / sin(x + alpha) dx

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
​Q . IF a , b , c FORM AN A.P WITH COMMON DIFFERENCE ‘d’ ( d not equal to 0) A ND x , y , z FORM G.P WITH COMMON RATIO ‘r’( r not equal to 1) , THEN THE AREA OF THE TRIANGLE WITH VERTICES –...

a, b, c are in AP, ie, b = a + d, c = a + 2d x, y, z are in GP, ie. y = xr, z = xr 2 The area of triangle is ½ |a(y – z) + b(z – x) + c(x – y)| Consider a(y – z) + b(z – x) + c(x – y) = a(xr...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI one month ago
Find all real values of m for which the inequalty mx 2 - 4x + 3m + 1 >0 is satisfied for all positive x.

Hello Student, Please find the solution The value of this quadratic is always positive (>0) So graph will always be above x-axis therefore the condition will be :- D>0 and a>0...
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
how to find angle made by vector with x-axis

Say the vector is A. Take dot product with i cap. A.i = |A| . 1 . cos B You know how to calculate A.i. Hence, cos B = A.i/|A| B is the angle with x axis Thanks Bharat Bajaj IIT Delhi...
  img
bharat bajaj 7 months ago
The values of x (0 ≤ x ≤ π) satisfying the equation sec 2 x + (1 − √3)tanx − (√3 + 1) = 0 are

put sec 2 x=1+tan 2 x in the above eqn.so it becomes tan 2 x+(1-(3) 1/2 )tanx-(3) 1/2 =0.solve this quadratic to obtain x=135 and 60 degrees.

siddharth gupta 4 months ago
View all Questions »