the value of integrand limit [0 to [x]] {x-[x]}dx (where [.] denotes greatest integer function.

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Arun Kumar
IIT Delhi
Askiitians Faculty
8 months ago

x-[x] is periodic with period 1. therefore, ?0[x]x-[x] dx = [x]?01x-[x] dx =[x]/2
we can get integral of x-[x] within limits 0 and 1 using method of areas as ½.
Therefore the answer is [x]/2
8 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
evaluate the following integral ∫ sin 2x / sin 5x sin 3x dx

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 5 months ago
Q . THE AREA ENCLOSED BETWEEN THE CURVES - y = ln ( x + e ) and x = ln ( 1/y ) AND X-AXIS.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Intersect x-axis at (1-e, 0) & y-axis at (0, 1) Intersect y-axis at (0, 1). Area A b/w two curves is:
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago

thanks sir......and happy diwali.......

bharat makkar 3 months ago
What is the value of ∫ e -x (1-tanx)secx dx .

Hi, Just differentiate your answer with respect to x, if you are getting the original function (as in the question), then your answer is correct, otherwise wrong....
  img
Shobhit Varshney 3 months ago

Hi, Please use the integration formula by parts and take e-x to be first function and the remaining to be second...
  img

I just want the answer to see whether my answer is correct or not.

Shibashis Mallik 3 months ago
6+6+6=652 prove this equation true with one stroke of pen??? its a sort of puzzle

SATYAM MAKE 6+6+6 AS 6+646 OR 646+6 BY CONSTRUCTING A DIAGONAL ON THE UPPER LEFT CORNER OF ONE OF THE ‘+’ SIGN. THEN IT BECOMES 646+6 OR 6+646 AND WHEN U ADD 646+6 OR 6+646, U GET 652....

Yugabrat Gogoi 3 months ago

making first + as 4 weget6+6+6=646+6=652

kartheeek 9 days ago

6+6+6 ≠ 652

S. Agarwal 3 months ago
find the equation of a plane which is at a distance of 3 root 3 units from the origin and the normal to which is equally inclined to the coordinate axes.

Hi, You know the direction cosine of normal to the plane and u know the point lying on that plane ( say, (3,3,3) in first quadrant) .So, you would get four such planes depending on the...
  img
Number of Integral terms in expansion of (5^1/2 + 7^1/8)^1024 ?

I’m sorry I’ve done it now.. But I will answer anyway.. Write the general term. Tr+1= 1024Cr.(5 1/2 ) 1024-r .(7 1/8 ) r Now 1024Cr is always an integer.. We have to check for (1024-r)/2 and...

Siddharth Singh 5 days ago

I’m sorry I’ve done it now.. But I will answer anyway.. Write the general term. Tr+1= 1024Cr.(5 1/2 ) 1024-r .(7 1/8 ) r Now 1024Cr is always an integer.. We have to check for (1024-r)/2 and...

Siddharth Singh 5 days ago
View all Questions »