Integration of [ sec-1x]  where [.] denotes the greatest integer function

It denotes secant inverse x

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Pankaj,

I think the detaisl given are incomplete .

you must also give the limit of integration so that it can be solved.

take sec^-1 x=cos^-1 1/x then see where do the function changes its value from one integer to another within the limits and then integrate

Best Of luck

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Integrate ∫sin(lnx)dx Please reply soon.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Use ILATE rule, we have
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago

Thank u very much.

Lovey 2 months ago
the force acting on moving charge particle in a uniform magnetic field is (a) normal to magnetic field (b) at 45 degree from the magnetic field (c) parallel to the magnetic field

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Force acting on a charged moving particle in a magnetic field is given by: F = Magnetic Force q = charge on a particle (can be...
  img
hey image attached please tell the method which is used in solution …..please sir .maam …..please anyone …...

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below [t] = 0, 0 <=t < 1 [t] = 1, 1 <= t < 2 Now looking at the problem in hand There are total 100 term in L out of...
  img
Jitender Singh 26 days ago

sir is it greatest integer fn is used

milind 26 days ago
see attachment and explain it

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below There is no file attached to your question. Please re – upload the file & attach it with your question. If you are...
  img
1.lim (pi) 0.5 – (cos -1 x) 0.5 /(x + 1) 0.5 x--->-1+

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below This is zero by zero form, use L’hospital rule
  img
Jitender Singh 19 days ago
the number of words in which the letters of the word DECISIONS be arranged so that letter N is somewhere in between I’s is k! / 12 where k is______________ int type qs..

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below There are 9 letters so there are 7 cases case 1: i _ _ _ _ _ _ _ i here no of ways =7!/2! i _ _ _ _ _ _ i_ no of ways=6*6!/2! i _...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED one month ago

Ans: Hello Student, Please find the answer to your question below. Sorry for the previous misunderstanding as i have misinterpreted the question. Word – DECISIONS S & I in the word...
  img
the third term of a geometric progression is 4 product of first five term is?

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago
If A-B perpendicular to B and |A-B|=A/2 angle between A,B is

B / / x degree /___________ A / 90\ / \ A/2 / x \ /____________\ -B A A-B let the angle between A and B vector be x. then we know A-B is perpendicular to B so its also perpendicular to -B....

Akash Kumar Dutta one year ago

|A-B|=A/2 i.e. A 2 +B 2 - 2ABCos@ = A 2 /4------------>(1) also, (A-B).B = 0 as angle bwtween is 90 (dot product |a.b|=|a||b|Cos@ ) ABCos@ = B 2 ---------->(2) on substituting in (1)...

gauhar singh one year ago

A-B PERPENDICULAR TO B LET ANGLE BETWEEN A AND B BE θ THEN BSinθ/(A-BCosθ)=tan 90degree=1/0 that gives A-BCosθ=0 A=BCosθ A/B=COSθ and also √A 2 +B 2...

lokesh soni one year ago
View all Questions »