Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

The tangent at a point P(x,y) on a curve meets the axes at M and N such that P divides MN internally in the ratio 2:1. Then find the equation of the curve?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

let eqn of line L: x/a + y/b = 1

where a, b are X,Y intercepts of line L

so, dy/dx = -1/a

and the point P which divides MN internally in the ratio 2:1

so x=a/3 and y=2b/3

on substiting in diff. eqn , we have

dy/dx = -y/2x

i.e (1/y) dy  = -(1/2x) .dx

ln y = -1/2lnx +lnC where lnC is constant

so eqn. of curve is :  y=(kx)-1/2

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Integral Calculus

what is integration? and what is the real life applications of an integration?
Dear Sudharshan Integration is the one symboll used in solving problems . Integration is opposite to differentiation. It is usefull in mathematics, physics and chemistry
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
DEAR SUDARSHAN, Integration is the act of bringing together smaller components into a single system that functions as one. Integration is used to compute such things as the areas and...
naresh raju 9 months ago
dear sudarshan..... Integration is a way of adding slices to find the whole. Integration can be used to find areas, volumes, central points and many useful things. But it is easiest to...
mohan 9 months ago
What is the integration x^3×cosx^3dxPlease give me the answer
write x^3×cosx^3dx as: x*x^2*cosx^3dx => let x^2 = u 2xdx = du I = u*cos(u^(3/2)) Apply now by – part easily then after substitute u in the end.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
If f(x)=∫​ 2sinx-sin2x dx/x 3​ ​​ ,x is not equal to zero, then find lim f’ (x) as x tends to zero. ​
The differentiation of the integeral, f(x)=∫​ 2sinx-sin2x dx/x 3​ ​​ would give f(x) simply. that is: lim x – > 0 (2sinx-sin2x) /x 3 Simply expand the exapnsion of sin terms up to the x^3...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Please solve it and verify the question thanks. And if got the ans please mail me.. p.sharif02@gmail
Hii If we just have to use numbers it is not possible . But it can be used as 3! +11+13
Sourabh Singh one month ago
Thank you. by the way do you think like these questions will come in upsc...? Please post here, thank you.
Sharif one month ago
show that the area of parallelogram formed by the lines 2x-3y+a=0,3x-2y-a=0,2x-3y+3a=0 and 3x-2y-2a=0 is 2a²/5 square units
there is a direct frmula to solve this problem. Area of paralellogram formed by the lines a1x+b1y+c1=0,a2x+b2y+d1=0,a1x+b1y+c2=0 and a2x+b2y+d2=0 is given by:
Elton one month ago
Can you solve.... I`m not getting... Please.....,,solve and explain it whole......I wanna pure explanation......
Pushpam Kumar PK one month ago
The sum of first 9 terms of the series 1³/1 +1³+2³/1+3...... Is
[hint: find the nth term and then find its summation] Tn for the series is : Tn= {(n+1)^2 }/4 Then use the summation of this Tn with n from 1 to 9. ∑ Tn = 96. Hope this helps. Comment if...
Anuj Shrivastav one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn