Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 400 off

integrate frm -1 to 1:
Ā [x+[x+[x]]]dx

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Don't you know that you can cut this integration to two parts?

ie, -11 f(x).dx = -10 f(x).dx + 01 f(x).dx

Let f(x) = [x]

By the defenition of [x]; we have,

f(x) = x, x>0 and f(x) = -x, x<0

Then, come to your problem,

Let g(x) = [x+[x+[x]]].

When x>0; g(x) = x+x+x = 3x;

When x<0; g(x) = -x; (Why?? Do it yourself!!)

Then your problem reduces to:

-11 [x+[x+[x]]].dx

= -10 (-x).dx + 01 3x.dx

= -(0/2) - (-1/2) + (3*1/2) - 0

= +(1/2) + (3/2)

= 2.

Is this the correct answer??

6 years ago

Sorry Sorry! I misunderstood your question! I'm extremely sorry!

I thought that [x] is modulus function! I thought of "greatest integer function" just after clicking "POST REPLY" button!

I couldn't undo it!

Again, extremely sorry for wasting your time!!

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Integral Calculus

How many distinct values of š‘„ satisfy the equation sin(š‘„) = š‘„/2, where š‘„ is in radians? (A) 1 (B) 2 (C) 3 (D) 4 or more
plot the graph of sin(x) and x/2. From just observing it we can see that it intersects at 3 points and hence the answer is 3.
Riddhish Bhalodia 7 months ago
they give sin(x)=x/2 0 is the one solution because sin(0)=0 so one solution exist for this question if you take pi/2 or pi/4 you have to p[rove that sin pi/2=pi/4 or sin pi/8=pi/16 which is ...
SREEKANTH 4 months ago
What is the integration of: logx/((1+logx)^2 ) ? (Type: Class 12th, Indefinite Integrals)
Sourabh Singh one month ago
Setting log x = t, we can rewrite the integral as which by the formula for integration of e x [f(x)+fā€™(x)] is simply e x f(x) and hence is e t / 1+t i.e. x/(1+log x)
mycroft holmes one month ago
Find the indefinite integral of f(x) = (x^2 + 3)/((x^6)*(x^2 + 1)) ?
the answer is indefinite integral of f(x) = integral of(x^2 + 3)/((x^6)*(x^2 + 1)) -3/5x^5 + 2/3x^3 ā€“ 2/x ā€“ 2arctanx + c where c is an arbitrary constant
SREEKANTH 4 months ago
indefinite integral of f(x) = (x^2 + 3)/((x^6)*(x^2 + 1)) is : => -3/5x^5 + 2/3x^3 ā€“ 2/x ā€“ 2arctanx + c
Vikas TU 4 months ago
Sir can you tell me the solution of this complex number question in the attachment? The answer is A,D
Several ways to approach this: Write where So since Hence So either z is purely imaginary or z=0. (z=0 is possible when z 1 =-z 2 which is permitted with the restrictions mentioned in the...
mycroft holmes 2 months ago
put z1 = x1 +iy1 and'z2 = x2 + iy2 simple and also thiss is given as: (x1)^2 + (y1)^2 = (x2)^2 + (y2)^2. Us ethis info.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
if points wid position vectors 60i+3j,40i-8j,ai-52j are collinear find a
Dear Student, You mark this points on coordinate axis having i and j directions perpendicular. Now since this points are collinear and thus the solve will be equal between them. You this...
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago
Find equation to the tangent at A to the circle (x-a)^2 + (y-b)^2 =r^2 where the radius through A makes an angle alpha with the x axis.
The Co-ordinates of center are (a,b) and radius is r. Since radius to A makes angle with x axis the co-ordinates of A are (a + rcos , b+rsin ). Now we know A its easy to find equation of...
Ajay 2 months ago
View all Questions Ā»

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 400 off

More Questions On Integral Calculus

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ā€˜nā€™ Earn