why the structure of H2S2O5 is NOT as shown??(#attachment)

why the structure of H2S2O5 is NOT as shown??(#attachment)

Question Image
Grade:12

6 Answers

Aarti Gupta
askIITians Faculty 300 Points
9 years ago
Sulfur forms number of oxoacids.Sulfur oxoacids are those chemical compounds that contain sulfur, oxygen and hydrogen.H2S2O5 known as disulfurous acid .In this compound,sulphur shows two oxidation states which are +V and +III respectively and thus its structure is as shown below.

213-446_acid.JPG
anuj sharma
11 Points
8 years ago
To Aarti Gupta ji: the I can see that O.S. is +VI and +IV. How do you justify +V and +III?
Mrinmoy Banik
13 Points
3 years ago
Aratri Gupta Ji has correctly stated the oxidation state of the sulphur atoms as +5 & +3 and not +6 and +4 as you shouldn't include the S-S bond while calculating oxidation state!(A bond is only changes the oxidation state when it is polar but here since both the bonded atoms are same the bond is a covalent and not an ionic one!)
Dev Raj Gupta
26 Points
one year ago
@Anuj sharma Bro why u have counted charge between S-S, as S-S bond is covalent not ionic..............................................................
Stephanie Jane
31 Points
one year ago
I was able to regain my husband with the help of Dr BOB  love spell after some hot chick turned his head against me and totally stoped giving me attentions. Dr. BOB saved my home with his powers and that's why I'm putting this here for anyone that's going through the same. Plus do not be fooled by so many testimonies here because there is no one like Dr BOB love spell. you can contact him whatsapp him on +1 (614) 927-8138 / call him :+2349153314547. 

Shenny Bones
25 Points
one year ago
How I Got My Husband Back With The Help Of a Real Genuine Spell Caster Called DR PETER WhatsApp  +1 (646) 494-4360  Is The Best Spell Caster Online And His Result Is 100% Guaranteed  

Hello everyone out who still cares about getting their Ex-husband back, I'm writing this article to appreciate the good work of DR PETER that  helped me recently, i was unable to give birth due to [Polycystic ovary syndrome] PCOS, I was so devastated, my husband then left me for another woman for almost 1 year i was lonely i cried a lot i even tried taking my life, After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR PETER. I also decided to contact him for help because all I wanted was for me to get my husband happiness and to make sure that I have a child and must grow up with my husband. I'm happy today that he helped me and I can proudly say that my husband is now with me again, I'm 1 month pregnant and he is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, or getting cured of any illness, E.T.C. Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR PETER should message him easily Easily on;
WhatsApp +1 (646) 494-4360

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free