How should i start s and pblock? i tried making notes of it but there seems nolimit to a topic so how can i know what all is sufficient and what all is useless? i referred to syllabus but still there seems no limit =|

How should i start s and pblock?
i tried making notes of it but there seems nolimit to a topic so how can i know what all is sufficient and what all is useless?
i referred to syllabus but still there seems no limit =|

Grade:12

1 Answers

Aarti Gupta
askIITians Faculty 300 Points
9 years ago
s and p block elements constitute the representative elements of the periodic table.For the study of these elements use NCERT books which helps you first in finding the various topics to be covered,study them one by one.Use help book in case whenever a detailed description is required to understand a particular topic.When you go through step by step it will definitely help you in making the notes also.Yes the syllabus is long but you can learn it properly in this way.Another thing is the types of question which you should go through it ,as it will guide you about the important topics like-diagonal relationship,inert pair effect,anomalous behaviour of first element of an group,boranes,trends in chemical behaviour of elements.Oxo-acids,hydrides,halides and noble gases are also some important topics.You will find lots of reasoning questions from these topics.So study them with proper explanation inspite of cramming which generally the students did.All the best.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free