Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Silicates and Silicones

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Silicates and Silicones:

Silicates:- Metal silicates having wide range of structures ranging from simple monomer to complex polymer is the general term given to metal ion attached to basic unit of tetrahedral nature of silicate ion. A silicate in general has Si-O bond and possesses a complex network solid having silicate ion groups, in cyclic groups, in infinite chains or infinite sheets given different structure to silicates such as chain silicates, ring silicates, cyclic silicates, sheet silicates, three dimensional silicates etc.

A large percentage of the earth’s crust consists of silicate minerals. As SiO2 in earth crust it exists as silica, sand, quartz and flints. Some of the other important silicate minerals are asbestos (calcium magnesium silicate i.e., CaMgSi2O6), feldspar (potassium aluminum silicate, KAlSi3O8), zeolite (sodium aluminium silicate, Na2Al2Si2O8xH2O) and diopside (magnesium calcium silicate, MgCaSi2O6).

Silicones:- Silicones having R2SiO units are organo-silicon synthetic polymers containing Si-O-Si linkages. The name silicone has been given for these polymeric compounds because their empirical formula resembles to ketone R2CO. These are formed by the hydrolysis of alkyl or aryl substituted chlorosilanes and their subsequent polymerization. The alkyl or aryl substituted chlorosilanes are prepared by the reaction of Grignard reagent and silicon tetrachloride.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Can u give any trick for identified metals and non metals
@ amresh metal and non metals can be easily identified in a reaction . metals have a tendency to accept the electrons generally , but non metal lacks that . metals are sonorous , ductile...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
metals are bright ie losturous ,ductile,sonorus,good conductor of heat and electricityand able to donate electron to become cation.while non-metals are non lustrous,non ductile,non...
ankit saurav 10 days ago
Sir please tell me that what is henry`s rule nd how can I use it numerical question ?????????That`s I can get a secure answer???????And what is the value of Henry`s constant????
."water takes up, of gas condensed by one, two, or more additional atmospheres, a quantity which, ordinarily compressed, would be equal to twice, thrice, &c. the volume absorbed under the...
rahul kushwaha 24 days ago
@ rahul At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium...
Umakant biswal 24 days ago
What is the unit of si(probability amplitude)?Plzz urgent..
@ shivam in quantu mechanics a probability amplitude is a complex number used in describing the behaviour of the system . its unit will be m ^ -3/2 where m is meter . HOPE IT CLEARS NOW ALL ...
Umakant biswal 7 days ago
Sir, i am asking about si which is the probability wave function like for an electron.. I hope u understand
Shivam Raina 7 days ago
Normal atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi , which means that a column of air one square inch in area rising from the Earth's surface up to space weighs 14.7 pounds. Normal atmospheric...
Umakant biswal 7 days ago
what transition of Li2+ spectrum will have same wavelength as that of second line of balmer series in he+ spectrum.
@ rishant can you recall the following formula ?? lambda=1/z^2{(1/n1^2)-(1/n2^2)}, if u can then , u can surely , solve this question . " BUT THIS QUESTION IS WRONG , SOME DATA GIVEN HERE...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
their is some mistakes in the question even you try u can use the formula of rybergs and try to solve it but it cannot be solved because the question has an error
monu kumar 3 months ago
What is the difference between hcp and ccp packing??
@ shreyas there are a small besic diffrence between the two types of packing , i am explaining that below . HCP (HEXAGONAL CLOSE PACKING ) 1- HERE , the third layer of sphere are exactly...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Shreyas Patil 3 months ago
Covering the tetrahedral voids: Here, tetrahedral voids of the second layer may be covered by the spheres of the third layer. It gives rise to ABABAB… type pattern. The three-dimensional...
SAHIL 3 months ago
Can someone the defintion(specific and direct) and differences between aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons?
Aliphatic compounds can be saturated, joined by single bonds (alkanes), or unsaturated, with double bonds (alkenes) or triple bonds (alkynes). Besides hydrogen, other elements can be bound...
Umakant biswal 29 days ago
Aliphatic hydrocarbon possess straight chains. And aromatic hydrocarbon contains a aromatic chain like a benzene ring
Biswajit dash 29 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn