There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Occurrence of Metals

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

Occurrence of Metals: - The earth’s crust is the main source of metals. Soluble salts of the metals are also found in sea water. Metals occur in nature in native or uncombined form as well as in combined form. The occurrence of metal in native or in combined state in the earth crust along with a number of rocky and other impurities depends upon the chemical nature of metals. Metals having less electropositive character have less affinity for oxygen, moisture and other chemical reagents occur in free or metallic or native state i.e. uncombined state e.g. as compounds. The occurrence of metals is thus divided as

1.   Native ores :-Free state occurrence of metals is called native ore, mainly noble metals e.g. silver, gold, platinum, mercury, copper etc. native ores are usually associated with rocky material, sand, clay etc. pure metal lumps are known as nuggets.

2.   Minerals:- combined state occurrence of metals is called mineral, mainly metals with higher electropositive nature occurs as mineral. A mineral has definite composition and may be a single compound or a complex mixture.

The minerals rich in metal as well as form which the metals are conveniently and economically extracted are known as ores. All the ores are minerals but all minerals are not ore e.g... Both bauxite (AL2O3.2H2O) and clay (AL2O3. 2SiO2O) are minerals of aluminium. However extraction of aluminium is usually made from bauxite ore and not from clay. Thus, bauxite is an ore (as well as mineral) of aluminium.

7 years ago

yahh,i have got helpful information

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Liquation of which gaseous substance will arise as a result of momentum imbalance in electronic distribution? (1) Ammonia (g) (2) Carbon dioxide (g) (3) Na+(g) Cl–(g) (4) Xenon (gas)
But bro! the answer is not that.... Answer given is Xe...and I feel the question is taking about London dispersive forces, hence the answer may be Xe...
Giri sripathi 26 days ago
(3) option. Na+ (g) Cl- (g) as only this compounnd is inic in nature. Rest are covalent ones like NH3 , Xe(g) and CO2.
Vikas TU 26 days ago
what are isodiaphers? please help
these are the atoms of different elements which possess the same isotopic excessisotopic excess=no. of neutrons(n)-no. of protons(p)
2017 years ago
What about order of strength of overlapping in 1s-1s, 2s-2s, 2s-2p, 2p-2p and 1s-2p??
Thank you sir but Directional bonds are more strong right?? I read in some book ,in that order is given as 1s-1s (because of size)> 2p-2p>2s-2p>2s-2s. I have a doubt so i asked here
Subramanya one month ago
@ subramanya the order of strength of overlapping is 1s-1s > 2s-2s > 1s-2p > 2s-2p > 2p-2p .. HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT ALL THE BEST ..
Umakant biswal one month ago
why p mitrophenol is major product than o nitrophenol ?
@ yogesh in the case of para nitrophenol , the interaction between the molecules are stronger due to intermolecular hydrogen bonding . and results in more stability and majority also . on...
Umakant biswal one month ago
A, B, C are 3 elements forming a part of compound in oxidation states of +2,+5,-2 respectively. What could be the compound?
It could be any 2 nd group that is alkaline earth element with oxygen and Phosphorous. For example, Calcium Phosphate. Ca3(PO4)2 In this, Ca has +2 valency Phosphorous has +5 and Oxygen has ...
Vikas TU 29 days ago
thermodynamics,chemistry question is attached....................................
U=nc(at const. vol.)dt=5000J, but how come the answer is 6000J.........................................................
Naveen Shankar one month ago
The system is working at constant pressure. hence Change in internal energy is given as: U = F/2 nRt + (F/2+1)nRt here t is change in temp from final to initial. F is degree of freedom. n...
Vikas TU one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn