Advantage of Long Form of Periodic Table

Advantage of Long Form of Periodic Table

Grade:12

2 Answers

Sachin Tyagi
31 Points
14 years ago

Advantage of Long Form of Periodic Table:- The advantages of long form of periodic table are given below.

i)             The table is based on more fundamental property i.e. atomic number.

ii)           The correlates the position of elements with their electronic configuration more clearly.

iii)          The completion of each period is more logical. In a period as the atomic number increases, the energy shells are gradually filed up until an inert gas configuration is reached.

iv)          It eliminates the even and odd series of IV, V and VI periods of Mendleefs periodic table.

v)           The position of VIII group is also justified in this table. All the transition elements have been brought in the muddle as the properties of transition elements are intermediate between s- and p-block elements.

vi)          Due to separation of two subgroups, dissimilar elements do not fall together. One vertical column accommodates elements with same electronic configuration thereby showing same properties.

vii)        The table completely separates metal and non metals. Non metals are presented in upper right corner or the periodic table.

viii)       There is a gradual change in properties of the elements with increase in their atomic numbers i.e. 8, 8, 18, 18 and 32 elements which indicates the capacity of various periods of the table.

ix)          The greatest advantage of this periodic table is that this can be divided into four blocks namely s-, p-d- and f- block elements.

x)           This arrangement of elements is easy to remember and reproduce.

Devansh
15 Points
4 years ago
1. The table is based on more fundamental property i.e. atomic number.
ii)           The correlates the position of elements with their electronic configuration more clearly.
iii)          The completion of each period is more logical. In a period as the atomic number increases, the energy shells are gradually filed up until an inert gas configuration is reached.
iv)          It eliminates the even and odd series of IV, V and VI periods of Mendleefs periodic table.
v)           The position of VIII group is also justified in this table. All the transition elements have been brought in the muddle as the properties of transition elements are intermediate between s- and p-block elements.
vi)          Due to separation of two subgroups, dissimilar elements do not fall together. One vertical column accommodates elements with same electronic configuration thereby showing same properties.
vii)        The table completely separates metal and non metals. Non metals are presented in upper right corner or the periodic table.
viii)       There is a gradual change in properties of the elements with increase in their atomic numbers i.e. 8, 8, 18, 18 and 32 elements which indicates the capacity of various periods of the table.
ix)          The greatest advantage of this periodic table is that this can be divided into four blocks namely s-, p-d- and f- block elements.
x)           This arrangement of elements is easy to remember and reproduce.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free