There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Advantage of Long Form of Periodic Table

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Advantage of Long Form of Periodic Table:- The advantages of long form of periodic table are given below.

i)             The table is based on more fundamental property i.e. atomic number.

ii)           The correlates the position of elements with their electronic configuration more clearly.

iii)          The completion of each period is more logical. In a period as the atomic number increases, the energy shells are gradually filed up until an inert gas configuration is reached.

iv)          It eliminates the even and odd series of IV, V and VI periods of Mendleefs periodic table.

v)           The position of VIII group is also justified in this table. All the transition elements have been brought in the muddle as the properties of transition elements are intermediate between s- and p-block elements.

vi)          Due to separation of two subgroups, dissimilar elements do not fall together. One vertical column accommodates elements with same electronic configuration thereby showing same properties.

vii)        The table completely separates metal and non metals. Non metals are presented in upper right corner or the periodic table.

viii)       There is a gradual change in properties of the elements with increase in their atomic numbers i.e. 8, 8, 18, 18 and 32 elements which indicates the capacity of various periods of the table.

ix)          The greatest advantage of this periodic table is that this can be divided into four blocks namely s-, p-d- and f- block elements.

x)           This arrangement of elements is easy to remember and reproduce.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

The electronic configuration of inner transition elements is
Hi ! Prabin, Inner transition metal is one of the group of chemical elements on the periodic table. They are normally shown in two row below all of the other elements. They include elements ...
nath 2 months ago
@ prabin inner transition elements are placed on the lower part of the modern periodic table . they consisting of two types of element 1- lanthanoids 2- actinoids the electronic...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
How to explain 109 degrees 28 minutes to students. Mainly 28 minutes
@ prassana i have not got your question . kindly elaborate what exactly u want toknow. 109 degree 28 minute is the standard bond angle of sp3 hybridisation . and in chemistry its actually...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Beryllium and aluminum exhibit many similarities, but the two elements differ in
Dear student The 2 elements differ in various physical properties like mass,density,specific heat capacity,electronegativity etc.
Bhavya one month ago
Current of 10 ampere is passed through solution of CuSO4 for 32 min 10 sec.If 896 ml of Oxygen is liberated at STP then what will be efficiency of the cell.
Dear Candidate, I already answered this qstn. plz check this below: from faraday’s law, moles x valence factor = i*t/F moles = i*t/F*n = 10*1930/2*96485 = 0.100 approx. Moles given at STP = ...
Vikas TU 28 days ago
Why Rutherford used alpha particle and gold foil in his experiment
dear ankesh can i know the reason for disapproval ?? i mean my answers are correct , tell me the thing that u nt understood . ?? or what else u required for this question ??
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
@ ankesh The reason why rutherford use alpha particle for the experiment 1- they are heavily and positively charged . 2- they donot have any electron 3- as like charges will repel , the...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Thermal stability of ionic compounds why is more than covalent
I ionic compound, the ions are attached to each other by strong electostatic bond between the +ve and -ve ions. They are arranged in a crysrtal lattice where lattice energy is very high. But...
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn