Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

1. Explain the physical significance of van der waals parameters.

2. The boiling point of ethyl alchohol > that of diethyl ether. Give reason.

3. Comment on the thermodynamic stbility of NO(g), given:        

N2 (g) + O2 → 2NO       ΔH = 180 kJ/mol

2NO (g) + O2 → 2NO2   ΔH = 148 kJ/mol      

4. Give reason : BCl3 & BF3 are non polar.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

van der waals parameter deal to correct some assumptions made by ideal gas law.
1) Ideal gas law assumes that each molecule/atom of gas is independent and it motion and behaviour is not effected by pressence of other molecules/atom. Which is not true in real case. Hence correction factor "a" is to rectify that error.

2) Ideal gas law also assumes gas particles to be of point size and having no inherent volume. Which is again not true. Hence the correction factor "b". This is very important when dealing with cases where the volume occupied by gas is comparable to the volume of molecule/atom. 

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

How can I find magnetic moment from chemical formula of a coordination compound
@ anjana mention the ques clearly , what exactly u want to know , i mean which chemical formula are mentioned , is that empirical or normal formula ?? u can find out the magnetic moment of...
Umakant biswal 8 days ago
What is the unit of si(probability amplitude)?Plzz urgent..
@ shivam in quantu mechanics a probability amplitude is a complex number used in describing the behaviour of the system . its unit will be m ^ -3/2 where m is meter . HOPE IT CLEARS NOW ALL ...
Umakant biswal 7 days ago
Sir, i am asking about si which is the probability wave function like for an electron.. I hope u understand
Shivam Raina 7 days ago
Normal atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi , which means that a column of air one square inch in area rising from the Earth's surface up to space weighs 14.7 pounds. Normal atmospheric...
Umakant biswal 7 days ago
Metal hydride non metal hydride acidic or basic metal oxide nonmetal oxide acidic or basic?
Metal hydride is basic since it produces H - ion as metal are more electopositive than Hydrogen,while non-metal hydride is acidic since it produces H + ion asnon- metal are less...
Pranav Dabhade 11 days ago
The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is(a) 5 (b) 50 (c) 25 (d) 10
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it .
Drake 28 days ago
how to find strenght of acids. guaranted question for boards 2017 maths phy chem
Dear student Strength of acid No of H+ ions released -I effect -R effect 1/H-bonding
Bhavya one month ago
What are non-narcotic analgesics? Give example...................................?
Non-narcotic analgesics have no addictive properties. They are used to relieve mild aches like backache and headache. E.g.: Aspirin, Ibuprofen
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
non narcotics analgesic are those drug which are used to get relief from pain but don’t show any type of addictive behaviour.
mahak 3 months ago
These include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Aspirin and acetaminophen are two of the most widely used analgesics and are effective for mild to moderate headache and pain of ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn