Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

why does orthoboric acid (H3BO3) becomes more strong during titration of NaOH when organic compounds such as glcerol is added ?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

Boric acid is soluble in boiling water. When heated above 170 °C, it dehydrates, forming metaboric acid (HBO2):

H3BO3 → HBO2 + H2O

Metaboric acid is a white, cubic crystalline solid and is only slightly soluble in water. Boric acid melts at about 236 °C, and when heated above about 300 °C further dehydrates, forming tetraboric acid or pyroboric acid (H2B4O7):

4 HBO2 → H2B4O7 + H2O

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

state kohlrausch law of independent migration of ions? write one of its application ?
This law states that the limiting molar conductivity of an electrolyte can be represented as the sum of the individual contributions of its anion and cation. Applications of Kohlrausch 's...
SAHIL 13 days ago
While drawing a structure of a compound how do we decide that where to place the Lone pair
@ rahul u can place that anywhere , no doub t for symmatry , just u need to be clear with the meaning of the loan pair , that means theses are the electron pairs which cannot participate in ...
Umakant biswal 5 days ago
The l.p. should arrange in this way thatl.p.----l.p. don`t allow on 90° and l.p-----b.p.(bond pair) is≥ 120° .And keep in mind less repultion between l.p.and b.p.
-17 minutes ago
Me3N is pyramidal but(SiH3)3N is planar. Explain Why?
No,vacant orbital is present on carbon of Me so, no backbonding..Hence SP3 hybridised “N” so ,pyramidal.While vacant orbital is present on Si i.e (vacant ‘d’)hence SP 2...
Pranav Dabhade 9 days ago
No,vacant orbital is present on carbon of Me so, no backbonding .Hence SP 3 hybridised “N” so pyramidal.Whilehybridised “N” hence planer. 2 vacant orbital is present on Si i.e (vacant...
Pranav Dabhade 9 days ago
The p orbital of the cahrged carbon in the isopropyl cation contains how many electrons?
Dear student Here p orbital refers to pure p orbital of C which contains 0 electron.
Bhavya one month ago
how to determine the presence of cross conjugation in a compound?
@ pranav frst of all u need to draw the structure of the compound , and then try to figure out the bonds , and their classification , after doing that u can easily figure out which bonds...
Umakant biswal one month ago
1 l of air weighs 1.293 g at 0 deg c and at 1 atm pressure. At what temperature 1 L of air at 1 atm pressure will weigh 1 g ?
Dear student Applying Ideal gas equation in both case and equating them :- P1V1/ P2V2 = n1RT1/n2RT2 Canceling P,V and R since these are not changing we get, n1T1 = n2T2 1.293/M * 273 = 1/M...
Bhavya one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn