Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off

In the experiment for the estimation of transition temperture of salt hydrates ,why are we adding a little amount of salt to the salt hydrate solution after when the the temperature has been lowered to 40oC?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Transition temperatureis the temperature at which a material changes from onecrystalstate (allotrope) to another. For example, whenrhombic sulfuris heated above 96°C it changes form into monoclinic sulfur. When cooled below 96°C it reverts to rhombic sulfur.
On the few occasions when the transferred mixture had
not begun to crystallize, the transition was initiated by adding
a small quantity (1 to 5 g) of powdered hydrated crystals.
When it was necessary to take this approach, we found that
using finely powdered crystals generally resulted in a more
rapid recalescence and a flatter plateau than did a few large
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Please provide all the formulaes used in Equilibrium chapter . I have gone through the study material thoroughly but not able to get what I needed. So please mention all the formulas used in...
@ sahil for formula u have to visit our revision notes section , not the study material section , and i am sure all of the formula will must be enlisted their . and just go through the...
Umakant biswal 3 days ago
Order of incresing solubility of agcl in other solutions
@ chandana your ques is incomplete , so, kindly recheck the ques and do get back to us . and i am assuming it to be the solution of water , nacl , bacl2 and NH3 . so, acc to the common ion...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
U will have to tell the solutions name. in which U want to arrange the order of increasing solubility of AgCl.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
how to draw structures of compounds like Fe 2 O 3 etc.
As Fe2O3 behaves as ionic in nature the structure would have Lewis Dot Structure. Write 2 Fe atoms with its total electrons on it and then pair it’s 3 electrons with 3 oxides with 2...
Vikas TU 22 hours ago
why photoelectric effect is conducted in vaccum chamber ?
photoelectric effect requires measurement of energy of electron, whenever u have to do this with electron then u have to create vaccum , electrons under atmospheric condition , undergo...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The n factor of potassium ferro cyanide in acidic medium
You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...
Ankit 3 months ago
n factor is the no of electron transfer for single atom or the oxidation state of central atom . in the complex K4{FE(CN)6} 4(1)+X+6(-1)=0 X-2 =0 SO, X= +2 SO, HERE THE N FACTOR IS +2 HOPE...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Please provide me with some mnemonics for organic chemistry so that I can learn some of the difficult reactions easily.
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
@ nilay how can we construct mnemonics for remembering the reaction , i am sorry to say there are no mnemonics avaliable for learning the organic name reaction . what u have to do for that...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 280 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn