Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

What are the characteristics of p-block elements?Also give some major ores and uses.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear tejas,

Properties of p-Block elements: (contain p-electrons in their valence shell)
Most of p-Block elements are non-metals.
They have variable oxidation states.
They form acidic oxides
They impart no characteristic colour to the flame
Generally they form covalent compounds. Halogens form salts with alkali metals
They have high ionization potentials.
They have very large electron gain enthalpies.
They are solids/liquids/gases at room temperature (Br is liquid)
The aqueous solutions their oxides are acidic in nature.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum.

So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Askiitians Experts
Sagar Singh

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Considering a Hydrogen atom, the proton is fixed in an inertial frame. The centripetal force is provided by Coloumb attraction. Radius is 5.3 * 10^-11 m. Mass is 9.1 * 10^-31 kg charge of...
see to find that just equate mv 2 /r =kq 1 q 2 /r 2. put the evalues of the expressions and get the result......
Piyush Behera 7 days ago
sir please explain in short what do you mean by Bridging ligands ??
Hi ! Prasan ,, A Bridging ligand is defined as the one that can simultaneously bond itself to more than one metal ion.OH- , Cl- , NH2- , can function both as monodentate and bridging ...
raju 2 months ago
@prasan an atomic or polyatomic ligand which connect two or more atoms in a compound is called bridging ligand . example – nbcl5 these are 2 bridging and 8 terminal chloride ligand . HOPE...
Umakant biswal one month ago
how to memorize the qualitative analysis reactions. Need specifically in ENGLISH!
@ ashwin i am sorry , there is no shortcut for remembering the reactions in chemistry . so, what u have to do is make a chart and just remember the oxidising and reducing agent , then u can ...
Umakant biswal 18 days ago
i have not prepare that well for cbse or iit please give advice for how can i complete my subjects and get good grades.
@ shivam donot get frustrated , there are enough time left for cbse board exam to prepare . now , what u have to do s below 1- read out the ncert only , and solve exercise and intext...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The no. of orientation in a shell of orbit no. 5 is
The number of orientation level is described my m values . So find it now by using it . But your question is no clear of what is 5 , so I have given you the concept , find it . HIt approve...
Drake 28 days ago
why water has specific heat capacity? Explain
Water's high heat capacity is a property caused by hydrogen bonding among water molecules. When heat is absorbed, hydrogen bonds are broken and water molecules can move freely. When the...
Gajula Sandeep 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn