Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

What is facial and meridional isomerism ? explain?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

For MLa3Lb3, two isomers are possible - a facial isomer (fac) where the three identical ligands are mutually cis, and a meridional isomer (mer) where the three ligands are coplanar.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

If you like this answer please approve it....

win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum

Sagar Singh

B.Tech IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

What does meta refers to in sodium meta aluminate ?? What is acid anhydride ??what is condentation degree??
What does meta refers to in sodium meta aluminate ? Meta denotes a modification. Meta can signify least hydrated derivative of an acid anhydride. Here, meta is distinguished from ‘ortho’....
dolly bhatia 2 months ago
meta is a classification or a category which here refer the sodium meta aluminate a very least hydrated form of NaAlO2.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
I want brief knowledge about subshells arriving after f-subshells.
In electronic Configuration for large atomic numbers elements, the first f orbital which gets filled is 4f. After that 5d → 6p → 7s get filled. This U can learn from the memory map which...
Vikas TU 10 days ago
how to memorize the qualitative analysis reactions. Need specifically in ENGLISH!
@ ashwin i am sorry , there is no shortcut for remembering the reactions in chemistry . so, what u have to do is make a chart and just remember the oxidising and reducing agent , then u can ...
Umakant biswal 15 days ago
Calculate the pressure exerted by one mole of CO 2 gas at 273 K if the van der Waa ls‟ constant a = 3.592 dm 6 atm mol – 2 . Assume that the volume occupied by CO 2 molecules is negligible.
but this question is an iit jee advanced 2000 chemistry question....they too have not specified the volume...
Balaji Krishnamachari 13 days ago
Since Volume of container is not specified the Real gas eqn. would get remained in terms of volume. Negligible molecules volume would only led the b constant to zero. Mention the Volume of...
Vikas TU 13 days ago
How many asymmetric carbons are present in a)1,2-dimethylcyclohexane b)3-methylcyclopentane c)3-methylcyclohexane
@ gosula an assymetrric atom is a carbon atom that is attached to four diffrent types of atoms ,or group of atoms . so, as far as 1,2 – dimethyl cyclohexane is considered , then there is 0...
Umakant biswal one month ago
How I remember organic reactions in organic chemistry and also how I understand mechanism of any type of reactions in organic chemistry?????????
Donot stress on learning them try to understand their concepts and mechanisms of those reactions. Understand nucleophillic and electrophillic attacks deeply and leaving group leaving...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
@ manish i am giving some tips on how to remember such things 1- frst of all make a list of organic name reaction that are there in you book , u can take the help of sudy material as well...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn