There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

CO is a pi - acid ligand . Why?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

CO is a oi acid ligand because the filled sigma orbtlas of CO donate electrons to the metal atom while its empty pi* orbitals are of perfect symmetry to accept the electrons from metal atom and form back bond.

Thanks & Regards
Pankaj Singh
askIITians Faculty
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

Why agcl is colourless while agbr is pale yellow and agi is dark yellow
@ lokesh we can explain it with the help of two ways 1- the cations are same , so, the deciding factors are anions only , more the size of anion , more will be the polarisation , and more...
Umakant biswal 24 days ago
Choose the correct ionization energy order for the given species: (A) O > S > S - > O - (B) F > F - > Cl - > Cl (C) O > O - >S - > S (D) F > Cl > Cl - > F -
I thinkthe answer ic (c)as Cl has highest IE.Therefore option(B) and (D) are ruled out. Again the IE decreses down the group and hence S should have less IE than O. Also as an electron...
Mudit 2 months ago
Metal hydride non metal hydride acidic or basic metal oxide nonmetal oxide acidic or basic?
Metal hydride is basic since it produces H - ion as metal are more electopositive than Hydrogen,while non-metal hydride is acidic since it produces H + ion asnon- metal are less...
Pranav Dabhade 9 days ago
How does resorcinol (1,3 dihydroxy benzene) undergo iodoform
resorcinol undergoes keto enol tautomerisation ,due to this the CH2 group between the OH groups is activateted,and the hydrogen become acidic,so it can give iodoform test easily.
2017 years ago
and yes aromaticity will be lost,but it will tautomerise only under either acidic,or in this case basic
12 hours ago
Reactivity of esters towards saponification reaction which is more active 1 degree 2 or 3
@ biswajit 1 degree will be more stable . the reason is when leaving group leaves , this actually happens . if r” is the tertiary , then the inductive effect will make the charge unstable . ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
first and second ionization energies of magnesium are 5.7 and 15.035eV the amount of energy in kJ needed to convert all the atoms of magnesium into mg+2 ions present in magnesium vapours is
Mg -------> Mg+ + e- I.E1= 5.7 eV. Mg+ --------> Mg2+ + e- I.E.2 = 15.035 eV. For Mg to Mg2+ the eqns. would be Mg -----------> Mg2+ + 2e- adding the I.E1 AND IE2 eqns. We get, the final...
Vikas TU 25 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn