Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

what is backbonding & p∏-d∏ bonding?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear chaitanya,

A description of the bonding of π-conjugated ligands to a transition metal which involves a synergic process with donation of electrons from the filled π-orbital or lone electron pair orbital of the ligand into an empty orbital of the metal (donor–acceptor bond), together with release (back donation) of electrons from an nd orbital of the metal (which is of π-symmetry with respect to the metal–ligand axis) into the empty π*-antibonding orbital.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum.

So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.we will get you the answer and detailed  solution very  quickly.

All the best.

Askiitians Experts
Sagar Singh

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

CO2 has the same geometry as: 1. HgCl2 2.NO2 3. SnCl4 4. C2H2
@ amisha option no 4 will turns out to be the correct option . so, C2H2 will be the answer here . in co2 the structure is linear and in c2h2 also the structure are linear , in co2 the bond...
Umakant biswal one month ago
C2H2 Because both the compounds have linear geometry due to SP hybridization.In NO2 due to 1 electron it has neither bent nor linear geometry.
Himanshu one month ago
Me3N is pyramidal but(SiH3)3N is planar. Explain Why?
No,vacant orbital is present on carbon of Me so, no backbonding..Hence SP3 hybridised “N” so ,pyramidal.While vacant orbital is present on Si i.e (vacant ‘d’)hence SP 2...
Pranav Dabhade 10 days ago
No,vacant orbital is present on carbon of Me so, no backbonding .Hence SP 3 hybridised “N” so pyramidal.Whilehybridised “N” hence planer. 2 vacant orbital is present on Si i.e (vacant...
Pranav Dabhade 10 days ago
What is the structure of ortho boric acid...??also , explain its structure..
Dear student Below is the structure of Boric acid But there exists extensive hydrogen bonding in between the OH groups of boric acid because of which the new structure becomes :-
Bhavya 2 months ago
ortho boric acid is the weak monobasic acid which is also used as antiseptic and for health hazards. the thre -OH group are simply attached with boron atom as usual with sigma bonds. the...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Functions of various reagents used in organic chemistry problems.
Sir, actually at present i am solving class 12th "haloalkanes, and haloarenes". so i need the list of reagents and their functions from this chapter. But as i would further solve the next...
Apar 16 days ago
@ apar there are a lot of reagents are avaliable as far as the whole organic chemistry are concerned . so, kindly tell me of which chapter u need the list of reagents . so, that i can...
Umakant biswal 19 days ago
why photoelectric effect is conducted in vaccum chamber ?
photoelectric effect requires measurement of energy of electron, whenever u have to do this with electron then u have to create vaccum , electrons under atmospheric condition , undergo...
Umakant biswal 28 days ago
The specific heat of a metal is 0. 16cal/g . It`s approximate atomic weight is
atomic mass *specific heat =6.4(dulong petit law) so approx. atomuic mass =6.4/.16=40 (dulong petit is used to find atomic mass or specific heat )
shivani one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn