Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Is the hybridization of an atom ever fractional ?I just came across this question in a book-

Cl(O)2 molecule is not linear-true/false?

does the ClO2 molecule even exist?well,if we find out the hybridization it comes out to be 3.5?how?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

can anyone give the answer please?

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

I want brief knowledge about subshells arriving after f-subshells.
In electronic Configuration for large atomic numbers elements, the first f orbital which gets filled is 4f. After that 5d → 6p → 7s get filled. This U can learn from the memory map which...
Vikas TU 9 days ago
2) What is the relation between ionization potential and effective nuclear charge experienced by an electron in nth orbit?
effective nuclear charge experienced by an electron in nth orbit is the force of attracn. the electron experiences due to protons . And ionization potential is the potetial required to...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
The increase in effective nuclear charge results in an increase of ionisation potential or ionisation energy.
Mudit 2 months ago
Is the complex Co[(Nh3)2(h20)4] is paramagnetic or diamagnetic
U would have to find the configuration and hybridization .of Co. then count the numver of d-electrons according to tyhe Bonding and Antibonding table as per given in the NCERT book and then ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Which Reference Book Is best for Organic Chemistry for 1 st year
Arihant organic chemistry or u can use study materials of akash or allen they provide excellent basics
Biswajit dash one month ago
@ anirudh if u have 2 year left for jee , then go with organic chemistry by morrision and boyd . but at first make sure , u did ncert properly , as they have a good explanation in mechanism ...
Umakant biswal one month ago
What is the radius of Li 2+ ion in 2nd orbit and please give me the formula
@ piyush u haVE to use the below formula r (n ) = n ^ 2*0.529* 10^ -10 / zm z = atomic number = 3 n = 2 (as given 2 nd orbit ) just put the value in the formula and calculate it . r (n ) =...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The formula of finding the radius of atom = 0.529 * n^2/Z So, here the ‘n’ is 2 & ‘Z’ is 3 Then, Radius=0.529 * 4/3 =0.705
Lakshit one month ago
I have a many books for physics H C Verma class12,ABC physics class12,ncert physics class12,and rudiments physics mcq and i am also taken a tution of physics then i am confused how i study...
@ manish What u need to understand is that , every book explains the same concept , every author have diffrent approach to explain the same concept . so, by that i can say first of all...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
look brother dont get scared by seeing all thoose books.just leave all the rubbish biooks except hc verma ad ncert .never leave them.all your friends will be dong that and this books.just...
sunny 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn