Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 1,400 off
USE CODE: chait6

i want a flow chart for soap production?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Materials

Beacker.
      Alcohol lamp.
      Tripod and metal net.
      Kitchen spoon.
      Glasses.
      Latex gloves.

Compounds

Sodium hydroxide (caustic soda).
      Sodium chloride (salt).
      Fat.
      Perfume.
      Distilled water.

Procedure

1. During the execution of this experiment you should protect your hands with gloves and eyes with glasses.

2. Prepare a solution of sodium hydroxide. (be careful handling sodium hydroxide because it is very alkaline and dangerous. The hydroxide of sodium is usually supplied in solid pellets. Transfer some pellets to the beacker with water using a plastic spoon)

3. Add fat to the sodium hydroxide solution. (you can use small piece of butter or some drops of oil)

4. Heat the solution and let it boil during 20 minutes. (you should be careful because the solution is hot and very alkaline. If during the ebullition there are some drops outside the beacker, they should be immediately clean with a wet cloth)

5. Pour the solution to another beacker, adding a spoon of sodium chloride (common salt) and some drops of perfume. Let the solution cool down. (you should be cautious handling the hot beacker, because as it is known, hot or cold glass seems the same)

6. In the end, floating in the solution there is a solid that can be called as perfumed soap. (soap is good for cleaning because the chain of the soap molecules have an nonpolar that is given by the fat, and other polar part that is given by the salt and sodium hydroxide. Due to these characteristics, soap attracts polar or nonpolar molecules)
7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

the hybridization of phosphorus in PCl 5 (in solid state ) is 1)sp 3 2)sp 3 d 2 3)sp 3 d 4)both 1 and 2

sp3d is the right answer. In excited state, intermixing of a 3s, three 3p and one 3d orbitals gives five half filled sp 3 d hybrid orbitals, which are arranged in trigonal bipyramidal...

dolly bhatia one month ago

@ krishna option no 3 turns out to be the correct option , here , the orbitals are filled by electrons of five cl atom . there are 5 p-cl sigma bond , three in one plane and make an angle of...

Umakant biswal 3 months ago

i hope to no.3 because phosphours atom contain in last subshell is 5 electron and not contain a lone pair and here is 5 chlorine atom .then we add up eletron and we get a 10 and we devided...

sahabudin ali 2 months ago

It should be option 4 as PCl5 exists in [PCl4]+ and [PCl6]- in solid state....as in first case it is Sp3 and that in second it is Sp3d2

13 hours ago
sir iam a iiit students in RAGIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGIES, there is a semister it infront of me in 10 days.i don’t know any thing about chemistry.it is a ncert syllubus.please send...

@ badugu they are ncert books topic , i am mentioning some imp chapter name below 1- COORDINATION COMPOUND ( PART 2 CHEMI ) 2- GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY ( 11TH 2ND PART ) 3-...

Umakant biswal one month ago

Dear Vijay, Go through these topics first as atmost importat ones: Aldehyde and Ketones Biomolecules Alcohols and ethers Coordination Compounds Solid states Electrrochemistry Solutions D and...

Vikas TU one month ago

@ badugu , kindly be specific in asking the ques , earlier u told that u have ncert syllabus , and i have given the chapters from ncert textbooks only . kindly conform which publication u...

Umakant biswal one month ago
How many unpaired electrons are present in superoxide ion?

But the answer is 3.. As in molecular orbital theory the unpaired electrons in oxygen molecule is 2.. It accepts 1 electron to form superoxide ion.. That electron instead of pairing with 2...

Suraj Singh 12 days ago

And now I am agree with my solution.. You should check it once.... .. And thanq for the concern... .....

Suraj Singh 12 days ago

It`s unfortunately wrong..................................... ................. NOť less than 100 char

Suraj Singh 12 days ago
Hi pl tell the best book for organic chemistry for iit preparation of jee mains and jee advanced......its urgent....

HEY ARYAN YOU CAN REFER TO OP TANDN ORGANIC CHEMISTRY. The latest trends of different competitive examinations have been integrated with the fundamental concepts in the book. Some of the...

SAHIL 25 days ago

HEY DEAR OK NO PROBLEM YOU CAN REFER LG WADE BOOK ALSO INSTEAD OF OP TANDON. ACTUALLY IF YOU READ LG WADE AND SOLOMONS, YOU WILL COME TO UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS BETTER TO READ FROM LG WADE....

SAHIL 24 days ago

SORRY DEAR WE CANNOT POST EXTERNAL LINKS AT THIS SITE. MOREOVER THE BOOK IS NOT WITH ME IN ANY FORMAT. OTHERWISE THE BOOK IS GOOD FOR GOC. ALL THE THINGS ARE WELL EXPLAINED. IT WILL SURELY...

SAHIL 23 days ago
What are biodegradable and non-biodegradable detergents?

Biodegradable detergents: Cleansing agents or detergents which are decomposed by microbes are called biodegradable detergents. Their molecules have less branching. Non-biodegradable...

SAI SARDAR 6 months ago

1. Biodegradable Detergents are those detergents which can be degraded or decomposed by microorganisms present in water.such detergents have straight chain of hydrocarbons in the...

somprasad 6 months ago

1.Biodegradable dete rgents :Detergents having straight hydrocarbon chains are easily degraded(decomposed) by microorganisms .e.g.sodium lauryl sulphate. 2.Non-biodegradable detergents...

xavier 6 months ago
I have op tandon for organic chemistry but my teacher says it`s not that good any idea what r must buy for organic? For problems I have himanshu pandey book

@ harsha yes ,o.p tandon is not at all required for organic chemistry , beacuse there are many concept which areabove the level of which jee advanced actually tests . so, for that reason o.p...

Umakant biswal 4 months ago

frst of all gowith ncert , then solve all ques from himanshu pandey , if u are now at class 11 th then go with morrision and boyd , and if on class 12 th , then go with shortcuts for organic...

Umakant biswal 4 months ago

op tondon is not so good for jee main because its material has lot of time comsuming and it has a higher level book. you can do first ncrt problems then you take any other books for jee...

Sahabudin one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off

Get extra R 1,400 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts