Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off

i want a flow chart for soap production?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Alcohol lamp.
      Tripod and metal net.
      Kitchen spoon.
      Latex gloves.

Sodium hydroxide (caustic soda).
      Sodium chloride (salt).
      Distilled water.

1. During the execution of this experiment you should protect your hands with gloves and eyes with glasses.

2. Prepare a solution of sodium hydroxide. (be careful handling sodium hydroxide because it is very alkaline and dangerous. The hydroxide of sodium is usually supplied in solid pellets. Transfer some pellets to the beacker with water using a plastic spoon)

3. Add fat to the sodium hydroxide solution. (you can use small piece of butter or some drops of oil)

4. Heat the solution and let it boil during 20 minutes. (you should be careful because the solution is hot and very alkaline. If during the ebullition there are some drops outside the beacker, they should be immediately clean with a wet cloth)

5. Pour the solution to another beacker, adding a spoon of sodium chloride (common salt) and some drops of perfume. Let the solution cool down. (you should be cautious handling the hot beacker, because as it is known, hot or cold glass seems the same)

6. In the end, floating in the solution there is a solid that can be called as perfumed soap. (soap is good for cleaning because the chain of the soap molecules have an nonpolar that is given by the fat, and other polar part that is given by the salt and sodium hydroxide. Due to these characteristics, soap attracts polar or nonpolar molecules)
6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

what meant stationary and rotating polarcovalent molecule ?
@ mardana the covalent molecules which have dipole moment as 0 are called as stationary polar covalent molecules . there are also no degree of freedom of these molecules . rotating polar...
Umakant biswal 12 days ago
Except F2 all the halogens forms the oxides. Cl has largest number of synthesis of oxides. Examples: Cl2O, ClO2, Cl2O6, Cl2O7 Br2O, BrO3, BrO2C. I2O5 , I2O7. the synthesis reaction would...
Vikas TU 3 days ago
Sir please tell me that what is henry`s rule nd how can I use it numerical question ?????????That`s I can get a secure answer???????And what is the value of Henry`s constant????
."water takes up, of gas condensed by one, two, or more additional atmospheres, a quantity which, ordinarily compressed, would be equal to twice, thrice, &c. the volume absorbed under the...
rahul kushwaha 28 days ago
@ rahul At a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium...
Umakant biswal 28 days ago
What are the primary and secondary batteries.............?
Primary cell (or) Battery: ‘The battery after its use over a period of time become dead and the cell reaction is completed and this can’t be reused again is called primary battery....
SAI SARDAR 3 months ago
@ karna A primary battery is a portable voltaic cell that is not rechargeable..A common dry cell is the zinc–carbon battery, sometimes called the dry Leclanché cell, with a nominal voltage...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
The total mass of 1 mole of electrons is ?(Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g)
MASS OF I MOLE ELECTRON=MASS OF 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS Mass of 1electron=9.1*1o-28g hence mass of 6.022X10 23 ELECTRONS = 9.1*1o-28gx 6.022X10 23
bhavika 3 months ago
Calculate the wavelength of an electron moving with a velocity of 2.05×10^7ms-1
@ joana i am telling which formula u have to use here , and rest of the calculation part u have to do . this question can be solved by the besic formula of de broglie wavelength for an...
Umakant biswal one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 280 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn